The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/)
-   -   Reputable Online Store for Draft Tack? (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/reputable-online-store-draft-tack-40731/)

BackInTheSaddleAgain 11-16-2009 09:24 PM

Reputable Online Store for Draft Tack?

I don't want to make the same mistake. I bought a "Draft Horse" bridle off ebay a few months back. When it arrived, it was NOT a draft horse halter, but a "Large Horse" halter on its last notch. FAR too small even for a 2 year olf Clydesdale. The worst part? It was an Asian import. Leather flaking off like rotting wood. Worst $75 I've ever spent.

Now I still need a bridle. Not an Asian import. A Western bridle that is actually fit for drafts. I also plan on getting a full cheek snaffle.

There are a few places online I've found that sell draft tack. Does anyone have a good or bad experience with any of these? I'm hoping to find people with actual experience in ordering online. Does anyone out there honestly sell a good product that fits the description/draft size/quality?
Thanks in advance for any help.

RacePony007 11-16-2009 11:24 PM

drafthorsesaddle.com
drafttack.com
saddleandtackwarehouse.com
horseloversheadquarters.com
draftresource.com
tacksouth.com
chimacumtack.com
horsetackco.com

Here is a couple just to name a few!!!

BackInTheSaddleAgain 11-16-2009 11:31 PM

Can I trust all of those?

4evrgrn 11-18-2009 04:10 PM

www.mydrafthorsesuperstore.com

And, yes, you can trust them- great people to work with! :-)

Good Luck,
Diana

mollysmom 11-18-2009 08:33 PM

I wondered about the outfit on Ebay that is always selling draft stuff. I am looking for a nice, stylish bridle for Molly. My problem is that she is too small for draft bridles and to big for large horse bridles. I am having a heck of a time finding a nice bridle for my draft cross mare.

waterbuggies 11-18-2009 08:43 PM

I've done the same thing with ebay, I always email for measurements of the product now.
I've used drafttack.com, they we're very helpful and the XXL fit my 18.2 hd elephant head, I took measurements and emailed them to drafttack.

snoggle 11-18-2009 08:49 PM

www.uniquelyequine.com

Their stuff is all personalized. It isn't all for drafts, but they do have some draft sized things - including a nylon halter/bridle combo if you'd like that for trails, etc. They have it listed in both "Draft" and "XL Draft". Just click "Draft Horse" on the menu on the left to see which of their products come in draft sizes.

Good Luck!

kiwigirl 11-26-2009 02:24 AM

I am in New Zealand, I bought my draft rigged, western saddle from the US online. I bought an Abetta saddle from Buytack.com. I had a little trouble because the program their computer uses doesn't seem to recognize the US state of New Zealand LOL. So after a little trouble trying to order outside of America, I spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who hooked me up and 13 days later the brand new saddle that I had ordered arrived. Right size, colour and everything I was really happy with my online purchase of a draft saddle!

Indyhorse 12-05-2009 11:39 PM

I'm chiming in late on this thread, I just wanted to say I haven't had good luck with anything I've bought online marketed as "draft sizes". In my experience, you are better off taking exact measurements and paying the bit extra to have halters and bridles done to specs. One of the draft saddles I bought several years ago couldn't come close to fitting Baby Huey, the Belgian I used to have that I bought it for, but fits my 1/4 draft gelding like it was made for him.