The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   My new horse has now entered training and I am so excited! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/my-new-horse-has-now-entered-40767/)

HalfPass 11-17-2009 09:45 AM

My new horse has now entered training and I am so excited!

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all,
My new mare Candi is a 4 1/2 yr old TB. She was trained to race but never went to the track. I just got her up to my home and have now started her with a trainer at my barn. She is doing very well and really thus far does not have to many real vices. She is willing, and very lovable.
She is very green and since I am in college I decided to put her into professional training to allow myself to have more time to study.
Candi still bucks and gets frustrated or excited on occasion, but I expect that.
Our goal is to get her started under saddle in the next few months and hope that by the end of the summer I will have had the opportunity to show her. That will be sooooo exciting!!!
I made a training album for Candi if you want to see the other pics.
My other horse is still having some issues and I have not been riding him. I have now switched to a different farrier and he will get new shoes this week. I am also going to try and arrange for the Chiro to come up after this week if possible.

I love the way Candi moves and I feel she has great potential.:wink:
Half Pass

ShutUpJoe 11-17-2009 09:50 AM

Wow she certainly is a pretty horse.

flamingauburnmustang 11-17-2009 10:52 AM

She is really stunning! It looks like it's coming on nicely. It will be nice when you start riding her. Don't forget keep us posted on her progress. :wink:

HalfPass 11-17-2009 03:28 PM

Thanks you two!
I really am ecited about this horse. She has such a nice attitude. At the same time I am sad about my other horse especially since he is such a good guy.

But. the truth is I want to show again, and it is already great to work with the trainer.
I cannot wait for the day when she will ride Candi for the first time. And of course when I get too.
In the meantime I am taking lessons on another horse at the barn and sometimes ride another ladies horse for fun days.
Halfpass

equus717 11-18-2009 09:40 AM

She is a very pretty Throughbred. I too will be sending Cutter to a friend of mine that trains horses. He used to train barrel horses but now he trains for western pleasure and all around. We are going to start her this winter and hopefully I will begin my show career with her and later on my 2 boys will show her.

HalfPass 11-19-2009 09:14 AM

Equus,
Thanks.
Isn't it exciting for you to look forward to your horses training and growth? Yay for you! I cannot wait to hear about your progress!
My cousin trains western pleasure! And, there is a few gals at my barn I sometimes ride with. They ride western and I just use one of their horses and we do patterns and trail stuff. Pretty fun.
It will be exciting to see how my mare progresses.
HP

SeeinSpotz 11-19-2009 09:29 AM

:D CUte! hope the training goes WONDERFUL for her!!!

MIEventer 11-19-2009 10:14 AM

Oooooh! She is beautiful HalfPass! When you asked me in our conversation via PM, I had to come and look.

Stunning! You must be proud!

What are you planning on doing with her? Dressage for sure!

HalfPass 11-19-2009 07:17 PM

Hey everyone,
Thanks
She is really such a sweet girl. Now not to say she doesn't have her moments.
Yes dressage for sure. I think that when she has a really good foundation there I will invest in giving her some professional training in jumping. Jumping is something I know she can do because when she was at her previous home she was jumping a very very large fence on her own to get into another pasture.
This has presented a bit of a concern at my barn. They do turn her out but to be safe I have her put into a small encolsure that is difficult to jump out of.

Even when she was younger I swear she had springs on her feet. She can really catch some air.
Today I took a lesson with the gal who is working Candi. She laughed and told me how she had a bit of a tantrum while they were working yesterday. She said "I was amazed at how far off the ground she got"

Any how....I am so excited about her. She is a total sweetheart. She had her teeth floated today and the vets assistant came over to tell me how sweet she thought Candi was.
I feel very fortunate to have her!
The man upstairs certainly blessed us all when He created horses!
HP

kchfuller 11-19-2009 10:17 PM

she is amazingly pretty! I can't wait to see more pics of her as she training progresses!