The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (
-   -   Teskeys (

chesterh 11-17-2009 01:14 PM

So I'm not really familiar with Teskeys. I found it today while I was Xmas shopping for my mom (ironically it turned into me shopping for myself...) but they have some cute stuff, alot of knock off Cowperson Tack and the like. I was wondering as to the quality of THEIR tack.

QOS 11-17-2009 08:58 PM

Teskey's is the bomb dot com. I bought my Billy Cook saddle there - spurs and spur straps for hubby and me. I got a water bottle holder thingy for my saddle that I can't live without.

I bought a breast strap, headstall, reins, etc. there. It is like being in a candy store...row after row of saddles (like a football field size!) every kind of tack and horse equipment that anyone could want and on the other side was boots and clothing - fabulous stuff.

There is also a lunch counter in there and the food is KILLER. I dealt with Michael Teskey and he was just as nice as he could be.

If you can go - go there. It is a treat for the eyes!! If it wasn't 5.5 hours away I would be there all the time!

chesterh 11-17-2009 09:00 PM

Well I actually would be buying online... Not in Texas. :( (SUCKS!!!! ALL GOOD SADDLES AND TACK ARE OUT OF TEXAS!!!!) Anyway I was just wondering as to the quality of their stuff, not the brand name stuff they sell. They knock off stuff is RIDICULOUS cute and I have a serious need for the hair on leopard stuff... anyway.... yeah.

Kansasbarrelracer 11-17-2009 09:01 PM

I buy all my new horse tack from them. I absolutely love their tack! There is a new set I want to buy and its absolutely gorgeous

QOS 11-17-2009 09:48 PM

what I bought was nice. I bought the breast strap, headstall and reins and I don't think it was name brand. I could be wrong - but I have been very happy with my stuff.

My friend, Margaret told me about Teskeys. WOW WEE it was a blast and I do go on their site all the time. I didn't see any cheesy stuff while I was there.

lhorgus 09-15-2015 11:16 AM

I recently ordered a breast collar from the Teskey's Bargain Barn. It was originally $80, on clearance for $25. When it arrived, it had a Teskey's tag with MADE IN INDIA stamped on it! I thought I was buying something made in the Teskey's saddle shop. Do they make their own tack? How can I tell when buying online what is made in-house and what is imported? Quality seems alright, and of course it was still a great deal, but I would prefer to purchase tack MADE IN USA!

Dreamcatcher Arabians 09-15-2015 12:19 PM

I can get into so much trouble if I go into Teskeys! OMIGOSH that place is an equestrienne's heaven right here on earth. I've never had any trouble with any tack, theirs or other makers, when I've purchased it. They also stand behind their products and their customer service is excellent. On line or in person, they're great.

boots 09-15-2015 02:35 PM

It's okay. It's not all custom, so you can get the same things elsewhere. Often at a lower price.

It's fun to go through, though. And daughter and I got our photos taken out front just because it's kind of a famous outfit.