The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Combined Training Show this weekend :D (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/combined-training-show-weekend-d-40792/)

upsidedown 11-17-2009 04:54 PM

Combined Training Show this weekend :D

I think this goes here... probably not but I thought since it just lacks that Cross Country phase it fits here better than any other place.

So I'm taking Fiona to a combined training this weekend, both of our first :D I'm a bit disapointed that due to a recording error that we are doing only 2006 USEA Beginner Novice Test A and jumping 2'6" instead of doing 2006 USEA Novice Test A and jumping 2'11". But ohwell, its probably best for the first combined to keep it... easier? Thats what I keep telling myself :P

I'm very excited, as you can probably tell, especially because Fi's dressage is getting really amazing and I love her :D!

sillybunny11486 11-17-2009 06:02 PM

sounds great. CT is my ideal discipline. Round here there are no CT shows just eventing.

MyBoyPuck 11-17-2009 06:49 PM

I wish I'd gone easier on my first attempt. I raised the bar and landed on my butt instead! Hell assuming your dressage test goes well, the jumping should be cake and you'll come home with a blue ribbon. Good luck and have fun.

JumpingTheMoon 11-18-2009 12:40 AM

Good luck!!

MIEventer 11-18-2009 12:58 AM

Have a great time! Don't forget piccies!

upsidedown 11-18-2009 09:51 PM

Bahaha, I just had an interesting dressage lesson. My friend gave me an old bit her aunt gave her when her horse died, but the horse was an arab and the bit was pony sized so she had no use for it. Its just an o-ring snaffle, single jointed.

Fiona did not like it at all, probably due to the fact it wasn't a happy mouth. She didn't want to get on the bit and stay on it and she was so upset by it and gaping and not concentrating I had to change bits mid lesson. Back to the full cheek happy mouth, not sure if she disliked the nonrubber-nondeliciousness of it or the o-ring part. Maybe both, she's kinda funny. She also really hates french links, probably because her mouth is small or something, I don't really know. She was practically a different horse in the happy mouth, though she still felt like their was electricity running through her because it was cold and a storm was coming but she put it to good use by the end.

Anywho, I guess the point is I hope their is a little less electricity at the CT because in a strange place I'm not so sure she'd be so willing to put it to good use. But there will be lots and lots of pictures!