The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Horse has no manners! *RANT* (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/horse-has-no-manners-%2Arant%2A-40809/)

farmpony84 11-17-2009 08:36 PM

Horse has no manners! *RANT*

Pistol has lost his mind! The horse has gone stark raving mad! He has knocked me down twice this week! He slammed me into the stall tonight and tried to run completely over top of me! The horse has gone insane! I just ransacked my stored crap until I could find a crop so that I can beat the living tar out of him!

In the morning I am going to put the 2 mares in one paddock and put Pistol out with Blue (who is Alpha). I hate my old boy having marks on him from getting beat up but he is certifiably crazy! It's those darn mares I tell you!

(He's always been a disrespectful fool but he is out of control!)

RANT!

SuperStarsSugar 11-17-2009 08:48 PM

Bummer. Hope everything works out and that he gets his head put back on straight.

mom2pride 11-17-2009 09:33 PM

Ahhh...hate it when that happens; hope things change for the better for you and him!!!

Have you ever penned him separately, in a paddock? Sometimes being alone is better for horses like him; he will "have" to depend on you more than the other horses.

farmpony84 11-17-2009 10:02 PM

I would like to. I have 3 paddocks and 6 horses. If I put him by himself then I have to either put blue with the girls or with Ri and Black.... Black is 30 and so arthritic I don't want him to have to defend himself (Which is why I gave him Ri - my 3 year old). If I put Blue with the Girls then I will have attitude from Blue... SO... Blue will beat my sweetpea up.... I used to keep Pistol and Black together, they've been best friends for nearly 20 years but Blue was beating up my Ri-ri....

HORSES!

gypsygirl 11-17-2009 10:06 PM

tie him up alone where he cant see other horses for a few hours, then he will love you ! =]

JumpingTheMoon 11-17-2009 10:19 PM

Yipes I hate it when they act like that. Sounds like he needs some lunging and round pen fun times.

farmpony84 11-17-2009 10:57 PM

He is 25 years old! He needs to be beat! LOL... I couldn't wait till morning, I went down tonight after they finished dinner and did my switcher-roo. Pistol has always been "special". I love him dearly but he's flipped his lid with the 2 girls in heat....