The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Epically Honor :) a Journal (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/epically-honor-journal-40816/)

EquestrianHollywood 11-17-2009 09:29 PM

Epically Honor :) a Journal

Dear Journal...
I thought i would start a journal on here to keep track of life in general. So to start out, Heres our story. I was just a typical lesson girl, riding horses once a week. A group of 3 awfully abused horses were rescued to my barn. I made connection with the pure Thoroughbred, Hollywood (his name at the time). So i became the lesson girl riding the abused thoroughbred with no training. He slowly became my best friend! and about two-three months later I was invited to the show team. I have thee least ammt of riding years of everyone on the team, with my mere 3 1/2 years riding experience. So i joined. lol Now I'm the newbie show girl, with the "not a chance" horse and nobody really accepted me until my friend JJ started talking to me. Show season began and ended within a 3-4 months and this girl wasnt too bad at it! Ive beaten some of the girls that have been riding longer than me, which suprised me a lot. But they have become the best and closest friends I have, and their all great riders. So now its been a couple months off the season, and my dear Hollywood is back to health. The most amazing thing has happened and I'm going to buy him in less than a month. This horse means the world to me! so Im in a daze. I'm changing his name back to the original, Honor, because I believe he deserves his title back! and now we are going to start preping for SHOW SEASON TWO: Tackling Dressage and possibly some ameture Jumping. Let the fun begin :)

EquestrianHollywood <3

EquestrianHollywood 11-17-2009 09:36 PM

Dear Journal...

Quick response, but I didnt explain enough in the opening paragraph.

Oh my dear Honor is comming along well. He is the clumsiest horse! I love how he refuses to look down when going over ground poles...no he has not gotten over that, for my horsie friends :). Ive gotten permission to take him over a 1 ft jump. Im kinda nervous about it! I really dont know why! I might try lunging him over it first, to see how he takes it. and on the other hand, he is taking to Dressage quite well. He makes me so proud!

EquestrianHollywood <3

EquestrianHollywood 11-19-2009 08:27 PM

Dear Journal...

So I'm starting to canter him over jumps. I'm nervous about it, not going to lie. So tonight while riding I finally had the guts to do it after taking him over a ground pole several times. Hes very clumsy, and tripped several times of course. So as I was approaching the jump, within one stride of it, he drops the canter to a trot. I was so frustrated, but I just figure hes not ready yet. Ill keep working at it, making sure he goes over it safley :)

EquestrianHollywood

EquestrianHollywood 11-22-2009 06:13 PM

Dear Journal...

Just got back from riding Honor, and had a pretty good ride. Focused on mostly stamina. I'm trying to get 3 straight rounds at a pretty good paced canter right now. Doesn't seem like much, but it'll be a start. Hes so out of shape because I rode him everyday during the summer and now its only 3 times a week... until I own him in December. So hes holding steadily at two rounds. Sometimes like a quarter more, but its a good foundation. He started hopping around about somthing half way through, I don't know what could of spooked him though. No birds or cats or anything. I caught him staring at the mares a lot. Hes a ladies man, not gonna lie. I didn't jump today, because I wanted to work on some other stuff. Well thats it for today :)

EquestrianHollywood

ivorygold1195 11-27-2009 03:16 PM

awww megan! we never didnt like you!!! we acually liked you best out of all the juniors to begin with! hahah but this is a cool journal :)

ivorygold1195 11-27-2009 03:18 PM

hahah he's a ladies may most deffff!!!! and are you doing canter clases this year?!?!

EquestrianHollywood 11-28-2009 06:41 PM

lol thanx cara :) and yes i am :)))

EquestrianHollywood 11-28-2009 06:44 PM

Dear Journal...

So on Wednesday I did it...I jumped the 6in at a canter. Im so proud of myself haha. He didnt even hit it! It may be just me but a jump feel s like a 5-beated canter. lol Maybe in a week or so we can bump it up to a foot :)

Tomorrow is the big day. When the horse I have come to love and adore shall be mine. I bought his new halter today. Its red. hehe I guess thats all for now :)

EquestrianHollywood...

ivorygold1195 11-29-2009 12:16 PM

woop woop good job jumping! and thats excieting about the canter classes! and you getting honor ofcourse!!

EquestrianHollywood 11-29-2009 12:18 PM

lol thanks cara :) we'll have to ride together more often now!