The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   A Section just for show clothes! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/section-just-show-clothes-40852/)

Elegant Show Styles 11-18-2009 11:34 AM

A Section just for show clothes!

This will be where you can talk about Arena Fashions, what you have for sale, and what you're hoping to find.

You can ask for advice from us sewing professionals here too, who make show clothing for a living.

I'm very glad to see this category up and running!

Best,
Tish

clothingalpaca 12-02-2009 02:00 AM

Where do we get best arena fashions.Do any one have idea?if so please inform me

southerncowgirl93 12-03-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clothingalpaca (Post 478225)

Depends on what area you are in and what discipline you do. ?

Elegant Show Styles 12-05-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clothingalpaca (Post 478225)

As the other poster asked, what discipline do you show, and in what events? Western, english, reining, gymkana, etc...?

If you show western pleasure, Showmanship, Horsemanship, trail, or reining, a very good way to see the current top level fashions is to go to the World show photographers site and look at the pictures of the various classes that you would ride in. Mind you, these are TOP LEVEL show clothes, and very pricey.

If you're a beginner, you don't need to spend a fortune to look good in the arena. You can do quite well with a nice rail shirt, chaps, a good hat, and be sure that everything is neat and clean. Judges want to see a clean, tidy presentation for both horse & rider.

I make show clothes for a living, and am happy to give advice here as requested. Please feel free to contact me.

Best,
Tish
Elegant Show Styles