The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Please Critique Her (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/please-critique-her-41092/)

Bluelover 11-21-2009 06:24 PM

Please Critique Her

1 Attachment(s)
Please Critique Blues confirmation. I was thinking of showing her in 4-H next year but didn't want to if her confirmation wasn't good. Thanx!

Neckrein 11-21-2009 06:31 PM

Love the color! Long back, really high set neck and very thick, a neck sweat would do this girl some good! From the picture she looks cowhocked, an a bit camped-under. What kind of classes do you want to show her in 4h? For pleasure, if you want a bit of a headset id really suggest a necksweat. Id could give a better critique if there were more pictures of all angles an a full pic. But im sure she will do fine for 4h!

Bluelover 11-21-2009 06:38 PM

Ok I'll post some more pictures tomorrow. She is pretty fuzzy now though. Sorry but....whats a neck sweat? :)

SuperStarsSugar 11-21-2009 07:38 PM

Her confo shouldn't limit her performance at all. She's a very pretty girl and she doesn't appear to have any serious conformation faults. She's got good, straight legs, or so it appears. Maybe a tiny bit post legged and turned out in the back, but definitely not that bad. I agree with the long back and the thick neck, and I would also add that she has no wither definition. That's not really a conformational fault so much as something that might make it frustrating to find a saddle, but if you've already got a well fitting saddle, then no issue:) Lovely, lovely horsey!

kevinshorses 11-21-2009 07:44 PM

When you show in 4-H the judges don't look at the horses conformation. The classes (at least around here) are Showmanship at Halter, Western Horsemanship, and either Trail or Bareback Equitation. Then they have three speed events two being barrels and poles (the oter one is rotated between 2 or 3 optional events). Your ability to handle the horse and the amount of control and finese your horse shows is more important than the conformation.

Ponies4Paige 11-21-2009 07:58 PM

i wouldnt show her for ANYTHING!!!!! too thick of a neck ugly face long underline the neck ties into the chest too high up her butt doent look like it has ANY muscle to it. she looks sweet IN A WAY :/ looks nice for riding ..... mabey show jumping (but i doubt it)

P.S
yoo asked us to critique....i did

Allison Finch 11-21-2009 08:12 PM

OUCH!! All that could have been said in a much more constructive and less hurtful way, in my opinion. It was a bit mean spirited.

ShutUpJoe 11-21-2009 08:14 PM

I think your horses face is beautiful. The neck needs work. Such a nice color though. Definitely an eye catcher IMO.

Sixxofdiamonds 11-21-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponies4Paige (Post 468398)
i wouldnt show her for ANYTHING!!!!! too thick of a neck ugly face long underline the neck ties into the chest too high up her butt doent look like it has ANY muscle to it. she looks sweet IN A WAY :/ looks nice for riding ..... mabey show jumping (but i doubt it)

P.S

She asked for a critique and you didn't provide one. A critique is a detailed analysis of something. You happened to be just plain rude.

Tennessee 11-21-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponies4Paige (Post 468398)

P.S

Well, how bout we see a picture of your conformationally PERFECT horses?

No need to be that harsh, for real.