The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Polo wraps: Not just for horses anymore! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/polo-wraps-not-just-horses-anymore-41118/)

twogeldings 11-22-2009 12:18 AM

Polo wraps: Not just for horses anymore!

I bought a set of four, purple fleece polo wraps for Loki. Now I have one wrapped around my swollen, unstable left knee (I twisted it again x.x) so I can wear my knee-brace 24/7. Boy are these things soft and comfty! xD

What horse-intended projects have you recruited for human purposes? :D

SuperStarsSugar 11-22-2009 01:01 AM

I once knew a woman with very large boobs who used polo wraps to strap her cleavage down during riding lessons so that they didn't start to ache. Talk about creative uses.

I also use leadropes as leashes for my dog.

Spastic_Dove 11-22-2009 01:21 AM

haha i'm so glad im not the only one who uses polos for myself.
us horse people are quite the creative folk...

I use horse shampoo and liniments on me. Share my horses brush when in a tight spot...same for fly spray, etc.

WelcomeStranger28 11-22-2009 01:54 AM

ummmm..... I do know that i ised Polo wraps once for riding as chaps.

I wanted to ride my sisters pny Pico, but only had mini shorts on so i wrapped them round my legs so i wouldn't get pinched by the stirrup leathers!! They worked a treat!

Jessabel 11-23-2009 03:53 PM

I use my horse's brush sometimes, especially when I have helmet hair. If it's good enough for a horse's mane, it's good enough for my hair. :wink: I use their liniment, too.

sillybunny11486 11-23-2009 04:06 PM

I cant see using a horse brush. Unless its very very clean lol. I do retire my old brushes to my grooming box though. I use vetwrap to wrap up my cats neck/feeding tube. I think I did a better job then his vet. I give my horses my shampoo when I get to that point I have shampoo left, but no conditioner (hate that!)

snoggle 11-24-2009 03:10 AM

My sister has been known to use vet wrap on her children's injuries - and she doesn't even own horses! One of her horse owning friends introduced her to it and she thinks it works better than any human product for the same thing. Her pediatrician thought it was a fabulous idea!

Erin_And_Jasper 11-24-2009 10:45 PM

my sister got her toenail ripped off so she used hot pink vet wrap to wrap her toe so people would notice it and not step on it. i have used liniment too for bad scraped legs and cuts

riccil0ve 11-25-2009 01:31 AM

Haha! I used to use my horse's brushes, but then I cut my hair really short, and now I don't have to brush it! Haha.

I love to use horse shampoos and conditioners, they work WAY better. Of course, when I'm in a bind, my girls have to settle for boring Suave, lol.

There have also been several times when I used my horse's salve stuff on me. Again, it works way better.

Then there's trail riding in the summer. I probably use half a bottle of fly spray on my horse and I every time we go up the hill. It's magical, not having to swat flies of us every half second, lol. =]

SpringWolf 11-25-2009 03:45 PM

when i got my cast off my ankle a few years back, it was still swollen and too sore to walk on and i really wanted to go to the Royal Winter fair, but i was confined to a wheelchair. I used a polo wrap for my foot as i could not wear shoes or socks yet, and it gave it added support, warmth and looks better then being barefoot!!

I have also used some conditioner that is for horses in my hair as i have dry hair...and it was awesome!!