The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Barrel Prospect Confo/Bloodline Critique **pic heavy** (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/barrel-prospect-confo-bloodline-critique-%2A%2Apic-41121/)

chesterh 11-22-2009 12:53 AM

Barrel Prospect Confo/Bloodline Critique **pic heavy**

7 Attachment(s)
pedigree: Tdl Gentalman Jim Quarter Horse

He has his ROM and AAA in racing...

I believe he was raced as a 6 and 7 year old. Hes 10 now.

Attachment 17095

Attachment 17096

Attachment 17097

Attachment 17098

Attachment 17099

Attachment 17100

Attachment 17101

I know hes not perfect. I know hes long in the back, thin, his head is rather large and has a heavy throat latch... He isn't perfect but he needs a home. His breeder has him priced VERY high on her website but shes offering to me as an adoption pretty much. She wants him to barrel race. I want him to barrel race. Apparently hes gentle and FAST.

Please feel free to critique but please don't devastate me. He was a money earner and has a great mind... I need a horse and he needs a home...

smrobs 11-22-2009 01:15 AM

I agree that his confo isn't perfect, but no horse's is. He certainly should be dripping with speed. Most of what is wrong with his confo is more aesthetic and wouldn't have a big impact on his usefullness. He looks like a pretty nice horse. I would go at least give him a try and see if you like riding him, then go from there. I think he could do well as a barrel racer, providing he can collect up for the short turns, his back isn't so long that it would really hinder that. Go see him and give him a try. With some muscle tone, he would look much more balanced. Good luck, I hope he works out for you. :D

reining girl 11-22-2009 01:22 AM

I like him, and he certainly should be fast, hes paked wiht racing horses. He has a nice big booty and chest on him. I think he has a cute face actually lol. I think he would make a great barrel prospect, and if you can get him for that cheap i say go for it.

chesterh 11-22-2009 01:39 AM

Cheap. YEAH. Shes offering him to me for about 20% of her asking price. Too many horses, racing prospects, to feed, and she wants him to have a job... Hes so cheap its PAINFUL. And she was the one who bred, raised, and raced him.

chesterh 11-22-2009 08:58 PM

BUMP... anyone else??????? Does no one like me? :(

horseloverd2 11-22-2009 10:20 PM

He looks a little swaybacked... is that just me?

But he's so cute and looks like an excellent barrel/prospect horse :)

smrobs 11-22-2009 10:22 PM

I don't think he is swaybacked, it looks like more of a lack of muscle tone to me.

reining girl 11-22-2009 10:22 PM

lol, so how much is she selling him to you for? I realy do like him. Very handsome guy, are ya gonna get him? I see that you live in Southern Oregon lol i live in Central Oregon, ever been to Prineville?

chesterh 11-22-2009 10:57 PM

Ok, well I have never been to prineville. I actually just moved out here less than 2 months ago while my husbands in army basic training.

Ok, so her website has him priced as $7500
Shes going to give me a 30 day trial and let me have him for $1750.
The way I look at it is hes a winner, hes FAST, cute, and needs a home...

reining girl 11-22-2009 11:00 PM

O you should so take him, she is going to sell him to you for that much less!! That is an awsome deal. Hope it works out for you.