The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Tennesse Walking Horse?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/tennesse-walking-horse-41160/)

lilkitty90 11-22-2009 03:58 PM

Tennesse Walking Horse??

7 Attachment(s)
the owner of the pastures that we use went with us to the Horse auction friday night to look for a Horse. she found a big black supposedly tennesse walking horse gelding that she really liked. she rode him and he rode fantastic. (although she needed a little help getting up on him!!) so we paid 250 and took him home. now that i am really looking at him he doesn't look full tennesse walker. she loves him anyway but i thought i would do her a favor and post some pictures of him that we took today. and see what you guys think?

Macslady 11-22-2009 07:48 PM

Short back, big shoulders, thick neck. Looks like a walker to me. I had a guy that looked a lot like him. Needs some work on his rear. Does he gait at all?

lilkitty90 11-22-2009 10:48 PM

yeah the man said he had a slow western type gait. but when we brought him home and put him the stable he got a little excited untill we gave him some hay. and i he must have banged his knees around or something because saturday and today he was limping around a bit. we are gonna have someone come check him out to be sure this week to make sure he didn't severely injure himself. and he really does look like a walker? because all the walkers around here have long skinny legs little fit. long necks and in general not very big and bulky but he is. he has some HUGE feet. they are about twice the size of our quarter horses feet. but i haven't been around to many walkers obviously. i think all the "walkers" around here are really saddlebreds. which fit that bill but i can't be to sure

Sunny06 11-24-2009 10:14 PM

Looks like a Walker. Get on him and see for yourself! :D

lilkitty90 11-24-2009 10:29 PM

lol i've never rode a walker or any gaited horse for that matter so i don't really know what i'm looking for lol. both of my horses arn't gaited and this is the first gaited horse i've ever been around

mom2pride 11-24-2009 10:33 PM

He certainly looks like a gaited horse to me; perhaps a combination of walker and mountain horse, because he doesn't have the long neck, and large head known to the walking horse. Both those breeds usually have fairly sturdy build, so the large boned-ness wouldn't be uncommon. He could certainly be full Walker, as well, but just may not have inherited the longer refined neck and long face.

lillie 11-25-2009 11:03 AM

he does to me too, but he looks unfit, and in not such good condition,not bad, but like he needs worming and teeth checked, a bit of work to tone him up, and a small amount of weight gain--- i think he's very nice.

MN Tigerstripes 11-25-2009 11:36 AM

Looks like it to me too. Same general look as my mare and old horses.