The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone take yoga? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/anyone-take-yoga-41183/)

free_sprtd 11-22-2009 09:38 PM

Anyone take yoga?

I was interested in taking some classes that are offered in my area. They're beginner classes, which is good because I've never taken it before. I am interested in becoming more flexible and helping relieve stress. I'm also hoping this will transfer to my concentration in the saddle. Anyone take yoga classes regularly and recommend it?

gypsygirl 11-22-2009 09:41 PM

i dont take classes, but i do yoga every day...i love it ! i am so much more flexible & my back rarely hurts anymore...it used to hurt pretty bad all the time

i would def recommend it ! =D

Pinto Pony 11-22-2009 10:09 PM

I used to and loved it! I am yet to practice regularly again, but I am trying to find a good/cheap place near me to start up again.

I found it helped immensely with my riding. The breathing exercises, the meditation, the muscle/stretching exercises and balance exercises all are wonderful for horse back riders :)

free_sprtd 11-22-2009 11:31 PM

Thanks guys! The place I found here are their prices

$12 drop in class
$40 for 4 punch card (I believe 4 classes)
$76 for 8
$108+free class for 12
$140 for unlimited a month

they only offer 3 classes a week, so I'm not sure what makes a difference from the last price to the second to last one.

Is that pretty expensive? I know every area is different, but how does it compare?

3neighs 11-23-2009 05:45 PM

Yoga is wonderful! I bought a ten dollar DVD from Walmart. LOL!

xAddictionx 11-23-2009 06:27 PM

I love yoga, we did it in gym for about two months and it made me veryyyy flexible (i'm already double jointed so it added flexibility) and it's so relaxing and good for balance!
If you aren't sure if you will like it/ benefit from it, you should buy a dvd or cd like 3neighs did, just to see :)

My2Geldings 11-26-2009 08:31 PM

I have always wanted to try it at least once. I always make fun of people who go but I have honestly never tried it. I don't know that I would be able to keep a serious face thru the session :lol:

HorsesHorses08 11-26-2009 08:51 PM

^^^
lol. i have the same problem! always wanted to try it though.

1dog3cats17rodents 11-26-2009 09:27 PM

I don't, but my sister does. She loves it. Although the flaxibility and body awareness is nice, she really loves the way it teaches you too relax and release stress, instead of keeping it inside

farmpony84 11-26-2009 10:08 PM

can you lose weight doing yoga? or is that palates? is there a difference? maybe I'll go buy a DVD....