The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Poor elle!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/poor-elle-41286/)

tinkerbell09 11-24-2009 01:09 AM

Poor elle!!!!

OK i offically hate my self............ You want to no y well i have this mare Elle she is a pure pallamino, i love her dearly but a while ago i found out the she is caring a little foal!!!! I was soooo excited..............She was due in a couple of weeks....... but then i came home today from high school and i found the vet, mum and dad standing at the front with Elle....... I asked them wat they are doing and why is Elle looking soo sad............. and the answer was she lost the foal!(when she gave birth well it was dead)!!! I don't no wat to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elle has to be monatored very clossley the vet said.................. and now i think it's my fault!!!!!!!!! My mum and dads friend has a foal that they don't want well they can't look after it............... so they said that they could give it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need some help!!!!

free_sprtd 11-24-2009 01:49 AM

I am sorry about your mare's loss, but why would you feel it was your fault?

tinkerbell09 11-24-2009 01:53 AM

i wasn't there.................. it could have been my fault maybe i did somthin wrong..... i don't no but do u think i should get the other foal

free_sprtd 11-24-2009 02:00 AM

Of course it isn't your fault she lost the foal, your presence isn't the reason it passed away.

What are your purposes for the other foal? Do you have the knowledge, finances, and facility for caring for a baby? These are just questions that need to be answered so we can give advice on the decision.

tinkerbell09 11-24-2009 02:12 AM

Yerr... ok well my sisters horse (shell) she had a foal and my family and I looked after it untill around well it was 4 and then we sold it!! Ummmm we can deffenantly pay for it and we have enough well we have around 8 family horses anyway and mum and dad says its fine!! and well....... i guess i need somthin to keep me happy.................. and elle is getting really how do i say it ........ boared....... all she has is her self, mika, billy and shell!!!!!!! so i recon she will take care of the foal as if it were hers!!!!!!!!!!!! and we could all ways do like a demo with the foal to see if likes elle and things like that!!

ShutUpJoe 11-24-2009 09:01 AM

Some mares don't treat other foals as their own. If you want the foal go for it, but don't expect your mare to treat her like a replacement baby. She may, she may not.

tinkerbell09 11-24-2009 06:47 PM

kk thankz!!!! well the only reason i'm gettong it is because well they are moving to america and they can't keep the foal or the mare!!! so should i maybe take both!!???

welovechinga 11-24-2009 09:23 PM

Ummm. well it depends!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you take on another 2 horses!!!!!!!!! wat if elle and the new mare don't like each other and won't getting 2 new horses take ur concentration of elle!!!!... just think wisely and don't make the wrong choose

free_sprtd 11-24-2009 10:49 PM

If everyone can refrain from using so much "net-speak" and exclamation "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" marks that would be great, it makes things much easier to read and understand. Thank you.

tinkerbell09 11-25-2009 01:51 AM

umm... a bit of topic here. What should I do?