The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique Penny (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-penny-41334/)

AnnaLover 11-24-2009 09:56 PM

Critique Penny

10 Attachment(s)
I have posted up a critique thread for her before but I have gotten some better pics recently. It was difficult to get her perfectly square but I tried my best, though her back legs look a little weird.. they usually don't. First pic is from the previous thread. :) Positive and negative critique welcome, please be nice :)

7Ponies 11-24-2009 10:08 PM

I like her. Overall I think she is nicely balanced. From the rear it looks like she could use some muscling. She is a bit thick though the throat-latch.

AnnaLover 11-24-2009 10:45 PM

Thanks, anyone else? :)

reining girl 11-24-2009 10:54 PM

I like her. SHe looks very well porpotioned and balanced. Like 7ponies said, she could use some muscling in the butt area. But she has a very sweet look to her.

AnnaLover 11-26-2009 11:09 AM

I love Arabs 11-26-2009 04:28 PM

SHe looks well balenced over all but to me her back looks a little flat and she could use some muscle on her bumm area :) Nice looking horse though!!

JustLeaveIt2Mya 11-26-2009 09:01 PM

only thing that jumps out to me as others have mentioned is her throatlatch is quite thick..

Jessabel 11-27-2009 12:40 PM

I agree with 7Ponies.
Overall, I really like her and she has a beautiful, gentle face. She looks very solid and well balanced. :)

ilovemyPhillip 11-27-2009 12:48 PM

Te throat latch area irks me, its really really thick. Other than that, very nice looking girl! Very cute :D

mom2pride 11-27-2009 01:39 PM

She is slightly downhill built, and heavier built in the front end; she will have a harder time collecting.She has a thick throat latch as has been mentioned, however, your first pic shows a much thinner one, so I presume it's just that she needs conditioning; a neck sweat can help too, so that really doesn't bother me too much. She is also a bit sickle hocked in the hind legs; not bad, but it's there. Over all, though, I really like her; her flaws are by no means life threatening, or career ending. I like her kind soft appearance. She looks like she'd be a horse that's easy to work with :D