The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Saddle Pads. :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/saddle-pads-41482/)

SabreBaby 11-27-2009 10:57 AM

Saddle Pads. :)

Hey guys. :)

What kind of saddle pad(s) do you use and what kind of performance do you get out of them?

I'm looking for a really good trail riding/barrel saddle pad. I really like the idea of the Professional's Choice SMx Air Ride pads. Does anybody have one?

Thank you! :)

Best Blend 11-27-2009 03:30 PM

Saddle Pad Recommendation

I use ONLY a Rydair saddle pad. They're from Australia, but I found someone in the US who has finally brought them here. They are anti-slip, shock absorbing, breathable, hygienic, you can hose them off and they come in 21 different sizes/styles! I ordered mine from Tack Obsession Unique Gear for the Spoiled Horse Cheers!

Kansasbarrelracer 11-27-2009 09:21 PM

I LOVE the impact gel pad, I believe their also used and endorsed by George straight. Their a heavier pad, but very very durable and they have less impact on your horses back

luvs2ride1979 11-28-2009 08:01 PM

I really like my Skito pads and Supracor pads. Both are truly shock absorbing and worth the $$. Skito's are fun because they're custom made, so you can get any shape, color/pattern, bottom material, and inside foam configuration you want. Plus you can add shims to help with saddle fitting issues.

ilovestitch 11-29-2009 05:59 PM

I swear by my
Pro-Craft Gravity Buster Western Saddle Pad - Horse.com
then i can have different color/patterned blankets to choose from

SabreBaby 11-29-2009 07:37 PM

Thanks a ton guys!! Anybody else?

chesterh 11-29-2009 07:57 PM

I used the pro choice like you have mentioned or the classic equine ortopedic equivilant and I've been happy with them. No obvious soreness for my horses. They're not anti-slip particularly but if you have good balance and a well fitting saddle than you shouldn't need an anti-slip pad IMO.

kitten_Val 11-29-2009 08:25 PM

SMX pads are great. The cutting barn I used to go (not anymore with all this weather) uses only them. I'm thinking about getting one for trail riding, but not positive yet because they are expensive. I personally use Reinsman pad for trail riding for over year and very happy with it.

iridehorses 11-29-2009 08:41 PM

I've tried numerous pads over the years, including Professional Choice, but my all time favorite (and the only one I'll use now) is a 5 Star 7/8" all wool pad.

SabreBaby 11-29-2009 08:45 PM

Okay. Thank you. :) I really like the idea of the Supracor Pads, but I don't have that much money for my Christmas allowance!! :) I think I'll call the Skito people tomorrow, but I may just stick with the SMx pad for the simplicity and cost. Still trying to decide..... Hmmmm.