The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Pictures(profesional) of my last two Horse Trials! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/pictures-profesional-my-last-two-horse-41519/)

StormyBlues 11-27-2009 10:03 PM

Pictures(profesional) of my last two Horse Trials!

Ok, so I FINALLY looked at my profesional pictures that were taken at Greenwood and Holly Hill, and I thought they turned out REALLY good and I wanted to share them!

Here are the ones from Holly Hill- my first Beginner Novice-
PhotoReflect - Jim Stoner Photography

Here is the one before HH, Greenwood, where I won the Beginner Novice 2' course.

PhotoReflect - Jim Stoner Photography

I LOVE the second to last one in the Greenwood shots! I'm going to get it blown up, framed and I'm going to put it in my room!

Please don't say anything about my horrid position! If you have tips for me though....

sillybunny11486 11-27-2009 10:11 PM

Looks good. I could only see the second link. One thing I noticed is your horse's legs. He tucks one more then the other.

1dog3cats17rodents 11-27-2009 10:18 PM

I think your horse is a cutie :-D

sillybunny-press "continue" on the first link and the photos will show up

JustDressageIt 11-27-2009 10:22 PM

Great photos! What a good photographer!
My only bit of advice is actually about the bit... In a lot of the photos, I noticed that the bit is sticking out of his mouth quite far. This could be due to a bit that's too big, or hands that aren't releasing as much as they could be - fixing this relatively small issue would really help both your ride and your photos :)
Hope this helps!

My Beau 11-27-2009 10:31 PM

Looks good!

You can make the overall picture neater by putting all of the bridle straps (cheeks/noseband) in their keepers and by using a bow or tucking your hair in your helmet :)

StormyBlues 11-27-2009 10:37 PM

Thanks everyone!

SillyBunny- He tucks up nicly over bigger fences, he just doesn't respect little 2 footers much(and I really don't either, they arn't that easy to hit!)

1dog-thanks! He looks so much nicer than his lazy self in the barn! ;P

JDI-yeah the bit doesn't fit him as well as it should, but im afraid if I get a smaller one, it will pinch him.

Beau- The bridle straps boycott against keepers, they always fall out! ><.
I was so tired at Greenwood I didn't even bother with my hair on XC! lol, it's usually up in a braid for XC and then tucked up in a bun for stadium and dressage, i just have so much of it!

JustDressageIt 11-27-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 474360)

JDI-yeah the bit doesn't fit him as well as it should, but im afraid if I get a smaller one, it will pinch him.

It could be your release in that case, the bit looks pulled back quite far. Contact is good, the key and balance that a rider strives for is light, following contact :)

JumpingTheMoon 11-27-2009 10:46 PM

Looks great!

StormyBlues 11-27-2009 10:46 PM

^Why thank you!!

Yeah, the bit slips in his mouth too. My release is the least of my worries..... Its my flippin seat!

Spastic_Dove 11-27-2009 11:04 PM

No critique or anything, just wanted to say you look so determined and serious in all of your photos!
Cute horse.