The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   groundwork? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/groundwork-4178/)

Nita 11-03-2007 05:29 PM

groundwork?

does anybody know of some good groundwork exercises i could practice this winter? i know some but my horse gets bored easily and is smart and now knows all of my exercises!!!!!

Spirithorse 11-03-2007 08:37 PM

Maybe you could try the Parelli 7 Games.

Nita 11-04-2007 01:48 PM

sorry could you explain them? :oops: i've heard of them but i don't know how to do them or what they are.

JustDressageIt 11-04-2007 05:08 PM

What are you working on right now? It would be lovely to have a base of what you're working on so I can reccommend some things?

Spirithorse 11-04-2007 06:56 PM

The Parelli 7 Games are based on the 7 games horses play with each other to establish dominance. It also builds rapport and a new form of communication with the horse, one that the horse will really understand.

You can go to www.parelli.com and read about the 7 Games more in depth then I could explain here lol!

Nita 11-04-2007 09:22 PM

well i can lunge her but mostly i do exercises like i pull and wait to give until she does. i also do flexing at the poll, bbut she already knows this and i kinda feel like a lot of the stuff i do she already knows

Nita 11-04-2007 09:24 PM

spirithorse, where do i click on the website to get to the 7 games?

jazzyrider 11-05-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirithorse
The Parelli 7 Games are based on the 7 games horses play with each other to establish dominance. It also builds rapport and a new form of communication with the horse, one that the horse will really understand.

You can go to www.parelli.com and read about the 7 Games more in depth then I could explain here lol!

sorry to go off topic but, ive looked at the parelli site a few times and cant find anything about the 7 games. can you tell me where on the site i can find it please? thanks :)

Spirithorse 11-05-2007 10:03 AM

Well shoot! I just looked at the website and they don't have the link up anymore.....Sorry about that guys. I know there is a DVD on the 7 Games you could buy. It's one of the Success Series DVD's they just came out with. I don't have much time now, but when I have more time I will type out how to do the games as said in the Level 1 Pack.....that's gonna take some time! lol.

jazzyrider 11-06-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirithorse
Well shoot! I just looked at the website and they don't have the link up anymore.....Sorry about that guys. I know there is a DVD on the 7 Games you could buy. It's one of the Success Series DVD's they just came out with. I don't have much time now, but when I have more time I will type out how to do the games as said in the Level 1 Pack.....that's gonna take some time! lol.

oh well that would explain why i cant find them then lol

i would be very grateful if you could let me know what they are. i will eventually by the dvd but cant afford parellis stuff at the moment...too much other horsey stuff to pay for at the moment lol