The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   It's official both have fallen off (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/its-official-both-have-fallen-off-41925/)

They Call Me Pete 12-03-2009 06:36 PM

It's official both have fallen off

Well my oldest gave her horse a bit to much crop today and fell off. I think my wife's heart stopped beating but my daughter got right back on and her instructor explained what she did wrong. Besides not letting go of the reins. Her sister happened to be riding next to her and she did a controlled fall/slide onto her sisters horse then hit the ground. She was more scared than anything but all part of the game I told her.

Luv 2 Trail 12-03-2009 08:35 PM

:shock:I KNOW how scary that can be! Sounds like a REAL cowgirl that will dust off her britches and get right back on! Good for her! And y'all have TWO cowgirls -- WOW! Lot of fun years ahead of you guys! I am glad both girls are okay - I know I had some heart-stopping moments (but so did MY Mom!!).

They Call Me Pete 12-04-2009 03:15 PM

Thanks for the kind words. My girls have really connected with horses. Especially my oldest(7) who has really put it all together in the last few months. Next horse show is in a couple of weeks and it'll be interesting to see how many ribbons come home this time. Last time was 3 first places for Julia(7) and 2 thirds and a 4th for Caroline(5). They may not fair so well and we'll see how they handle it. They are more concerned with "what color" they have than the places they get. Gotta love kids

Luv 2 Trail 12-04-2009 04:52 PM

:-)AW!! That is just too cute! I hope they get just the color ribbon they want and have lots of fun riding and showing off their talent!!! Sounds like they both are doing well!! Take pictures so we can see how cute they are all dressed up for the show!

They Call Me Pete 12-05-2009 03:07 PM

Will post pics after show. We're very excited to ride/see the new covered ring.

Indyhorse 12-06-2009 10:01 AM

Aww, bless, good for her for getting right back up. My son had his first fall a few months back. He's 5, and autistic (high functioning) and was on Freyja, my mare, bareback. He rides his pony on his own but I lead him on the other horses. Anyways, he had never been on bareback before, and was cracking up about how it "felt funny". I stopped and was talking to my neighbor, and he was demonstrating to her how he "wiggles side to side" when he rides without a saddle, and just overbalanced and slid off. He wasn't hurt at all, just shocked because he hadn't taken a fall before. I think Freyja was a little shocked too, like, "what, I was standing still!" He cried for about 2 seconds and then asked to ride his pony instead. :)

My2Geldings 12-07-2009 01:15 PM

Awww that is adorable. Glad to know they are still die hard horse girls despite the fall. I know the first thing that goes thru my mind is whether or not i can still move all my extremities :lol: never been a delicate faller :lol:

Would love to see some pictures of those 2 girls. Good luck on the next show :D

Kashmere 12-07-2009 01:21 PM

That must've been a pretty scary moment ;)
But every good rider has to fall at least once in their life ;)

SmoothTrails 12-07-2009 01:43 PM

It's always good to get the first fall over with...lol. My first one was from being a stupid little kid racing double with my friend. ;) barrel turn=two little girls on the ground. (we did win though) I'm glad that they weren't bad falls. I got pretty good at falling when I was little. That was how my little sister's pony taught me to be softer handed.

equus717 12-09-2009 12:55 AM

I have 2 boys that ride Cutter my 3 year old paint filly. Their ages are 3 Bret and 5 Robbie. Robbie had his first fall off of PT my 13 year old gray mare when he was 3 years old. He was riding her bareback and I had her on a lunge line she did great one direction and then decided to lunge her the other way and she started bucking with him on her. He held on the first 3 bucks then fell over her head and hit the dirt with his face. he was scared and didn't want to get back on but in a few minutes he rode her again. This time I made sure that she only walked with him. He made me proud that day. He still remembers falling off of her and getting back on.