The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   how much would you expect to pay? (easyboots) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/how-much-would-you-expect-pay-41936/)

rocky pony 12-03-2009 08:24 PM

how much would you expect to pay? (easyboots)

I have lightly used a pair of size 2 easyboot edge boots (retail $144.50 -american- new), as shown here:
http://www.longridersgear.com/catalo...-boot-Edge.jpg

they're in very good condition. they have very little wear. there's some slight fading on the outer side of one of the velcro straps on the gaiters and extremely light wear along the bottom toe region. other than that, they're just like when I bought them new. everything is fully attached and no rips or tears at all.
they were worn for about a month or two by a horse I was trying to adjust to barefoot. he wore them almost all day including in his stall. he was never worked hard in them and mostly wore them in sand/bedding environments, so they didn't really get worn much. he just had them on so that he wasn't on his feet. I was planning on slowly weaning him off of them, but after some serious hoof issues we had to put his shoes back on, which is why I'd sell these.
I should note, they do have a very slight smell to them. they were on his feet 24/7 after all. I've washed them very thoroughly and soaked them in bleach, but while it has been brought way down, the smell can't be completely defeated. but they are for horses' feet after all, so I'm thinking that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

so I'm thinking about ebaying them or something, but would like some input as far as pricing goes. any help is very much appreciated :lol:

rocky pony 12-03-2009 08:25 PM

I could take pictures soon if needed. I'd just probably need to wait until they're dry, as they just got done soaking =P

sillybunny11486 12-03-2009 08:32 PM

Id be willing to pay about $100 for something like that. Those look like really good boots. I am thinking about getting a pair for my mare. Her shoe size is either 0 or 00, dont know how that translates into boot sizes. I like ebay, but if you expect to get alot that might not be the best place, unless you put a reserve on the auction. You usually need to start pretty low to get some bites.

Indyhorse 12-05-2009 06:22 PM

I ebayed one of my pairs of easyboots - they were almost identical to yours, but had the flip latch front. They had literally only been worn once, not a scuff or mark on them, no smell or anything, but they were a hard to find very large size 6 (my gelding was just on the cusp - needed 5s instead of 6s in the end) and I only got to 70 bucks on ebay. That might hve been because of the unusual size though. Just make sure you put a reserve so you can no-sale them if you list them on ebay!