The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   All those from Europe... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/all-those-europe-42022/)

ThatNinjaHorse 12-05-2009 02:02 AM

All those from Europe...

and i know theres a fair few of you :twisted:
Im in need of travel help :D

So a few friends and I are planning to travel to europe mid september next year. It has to be this time because one of them needs to apply for Drama colleges. We are on a tight budget, as currently we have practically nothing saved. Well, i have about 700, one of the others may have a couple of thousand, and the other two have nothing. (yes, there'll be some serious saving between now and then! :lol:) So our main problem is money. We worked out that if we organise the trip ourselves, it will cost upwards of 10-15 thousand (this is all in AUS $). And if we do a tour type thing such as Contiki, it will be about 6000-8000 or so for the whole trip. First we plan on staying in London for a week (we were thinking generator hostel) then either going on a tour or whatever we had organised.

We were looking at a 14 day contiki trip or a 20 day trip. Are there any other tours that are pretty cheap but still good? We dont really mind where we stay as long as its not camping, and its clean obviously.

Originally if we were to plan this trip ourselves we included scotland and ireland, but are thinking about cutting it out now to save on costs, but are still unsure. How expensive is it? Is it really worth cutting it out? Is it really worth actually going? I dont know much about these places except theres nice castles :lol: and i can cope with not seeing these for now.

Anyway, to give you an idea, we were thinking of going to Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Venice etc, and obviously London. Give or take a few depending on money.

So does anyone have any advice, know of any good tours, or just anything i should know?

Lobelia Overhill 12-05-2009 07:59 AM

You can travel around mainland Europe by train, there are passes that you can get that let you "roam" - get on and off the trains where you want, you can get to Britain via the Euro Tunnel and travel through England, Scotland and Wales by train, you'd need to get a ferry or fly to Ireland.

You'll need Euros for most of Europe, Britain (Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland) uses British Pounds .

How expensive it'll be depends entirely on what you do and where you go - sightseeing is free!

savvylover112 12-05-2009 09:28 AM

If you decide to come to Ireland go to Cork city it has the best shopping EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol