The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   grrr manes! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/grrr-manes-4205/)

horse_luver4e 11-04-2007 07:49 PM

grrr manes!

Janie belle rubbed off a peice of her mane in the middle and it is taking FOREVER to grow and yet her bridle path, its like I cant clip it enough! it grows back faster than ever. I just wish it was the other way around! :roll:

Vidaloco 11-04-2007 08:57 PM

I know what you mean, I have a yearling filly that has rubbed her mane off in the middle. I have been trying to decide to go ahead and cut the rest of it so it grows out even or just leave it alone. It looks kinda silly now, but she is just a baby.

LukeyD 11-04-2007 09:32 PM

You could try MTG (Shapley's). It smells really disgusting, like bacon grease. But it does a nice job of growing hair out faster.

Vidaloco 11-04-2007 09:46 PM

I do use the MTG on my mare, I guess I need to give my filly a "greasing"

PromoteMyHorse 11-07-2007 10:26 PM

I like Healthy Hair Moisturizer. My mare rubbed her mane out in the middle and it came back quick Also, brush the mane alot to stimulate the hair folicule.

horsegal101 11-08-2007 11:14 AM

when i got my mare she had the same problem rubbed out right smack dab in the middle so i decided to go ahead and cut it off so it did not look awkward and it looks fine now and i am really glad i did it. :)

Vidaloco 11-08-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsegal101
when i got my mare she had the same problem rubbed out right smack dab in the middle so i decided to go ahead and cut it off so it did not look awkward and it looks fine now and i am really glad i did it. :)

I think I will cut it. I was looking at it today and it is getting shorter in the middle. We are in the process of replacing the barbless wire we have now to a woven wire horse fence but in the mean time she is reaching through the wire and rubbing it off. She is the only one that does it silly filly :roll:

Pilot1 12-03-2007 05:02 PM

MTG works wonders.