The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Rocky jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/rocky-jumping-4206/)

Vidaloco 11-04-2007 08:47 PM

Rocky jumping

I jumped a log on my Rocky Mountain horse this week whooohooo! It was a little log but hey it was my first time and I didn't fall off and break something. And they say gaited horses cant jump poopoo on that!

jazzyrider 11-06-2007 06:32 AM

lol yay :) have you never jumped before or have you never jumped that horse before?

Vidaloco 11-06-2007 06:46 AM

Never jumped (on purpose) before. It was a downed tree across the path and we had stepped over it. I got a wild hair and turned around got her in a lope/canter and she jumped it! Hey I'm an old fart remember, but I have been in awe of people who can jump and make it look so easy.

PoptartShop 11-06-2007 10:40 AM

LOL!!
I know, my friend has a gaited horse, & it jumps pretty darn well! :D
Haha, congrats :)

Ride4Life 11-06-2007 11:33 AM

pfffft! gaited horses can so jump!

o & i got a question lol is a rocking horse canter a type of gait or am i just confused lol?

Vidaloco 11-06-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ride4Life
pfffft! gaited horses can so jump!

o & i got a question lol is a rocking horse canter a type of gait or am i just confused lol?

I think the rocking horse canter is when you get the cats tail caught under the rocker part. :lol:

I want to add that I had a split second thought "what do I do if she stops short and won't jump" but she did it. She has never jumped before either.

jazzyrider 11-07-2007 12:35 AM

yay! well good for you :) jumping sure is fun. as long as your horsey agrees with you :)

maybe we will see you jumping grand prix soon then!!?? j/k glad you are having fun still as 'an old girl'. i hope im still riding and jumping logs when im older :)

Jacki 11-13-2007 09:19 PM

Well done. I love to jump but I am a bit of a chicken, if I don't jump for a while then it's like starting all over again. lol.

A rocking horse canter is just a beautiful smooth canter, that rolls along under you and feels like being on a rocking horse. If you've ever felt it you'll know it. Some horses just have it and I can't get enough of it, others could take years of training and still not have it like the naturals.

Ride4Life 11-13-2007 09:40 PM

ooooo..well a horse i use to ride just had it i guess idk..it was so fun to ride him tho!

Vidaloco 11-14-2007 05:46 AM

Ahh, I get it now :) Yes Vida does have a rocking horse canter. Sorry have only ridden a gaiter for a couple of years, guess I should have known that :oops: