The Horse Forum banner

irydehorses4lyfes art and edits

7K views 84 replies 11 participants last post by  irydehorses4lyfe 
#1 · (Edited)
OK so, I've been doing sig. edits for a while, just now started to get good at it. Just wanted to share them. :D

And here is a photo manip. just for the heck of it. :lol:

See less See more
#8 ·
Sure. What exactly would you like done? Pm with the image in a link, and let me know what you want done, and I'll do it. :)

Thanks!!! I didn't think I was THAT amazing at it. :lol:

#13 ·
Sure. :) It might take me a while though, as I am in the middle of making a ton of clay ornaments for people who are buying them, but I should have it done within the week. =)

Very very nice! How the heck did you do these? I use GIMP also, but I mainly use it for drawing. I've tried doing manips and such but I Suck at it! lol
Thanks!! Well, I took Graphic Design I and II in high school, so I learned how to do a lot of stuff through that, but besides that I have just spent a lot of time, experimenting around, seeing what works and what doesn't. I take full advantage of having multiple layers. Most of the brush strokes you see in my sigs and edits have been downloaded. You can google deviant art gimp brushes, and you'll find there are a LOT of pages of brushes people have made. I've been doing this for 3 years off and on. I think the key to getting good at it is to spend time when you aren't stressed or have anything else to do and just reading tutorials about how to do certain things in GIMP, or whatnot. But like I said, I took a couple classes on graphic design, I just expanded on that knowledge in my free time. =)

#15 ·
TwisterRush, let me know what you want done for your sig. =) You can post the pics here(larger is better), and just let me know what you would like me to do for your sig, what color for the background, etc, and I'll get right to it!. =)

#21 ·
So I was bored...and decided to experiment around with a few different techniques and layering ideas...I think it looks alright? I had issues with getting the neck angles right....it still looks off to me. I think the neck where it meets the head is a bit too skinny, as is the face a bit. =/ I haven't tried to do anything like this before.

#26 ·
Can you do one of my girls?

From left: Irish Dream, Silver Sabre, Night Heat, Traces of Gold, and Love Story...

View attachment 19634

Thank you!
Sure, it might take me a few days to get it done, as I have to do TwisterRush's as well. =)
What would you like done, a signature, or pic, or background, or what? :)

#36 · (Edited)
Pencil cont.

Ink and pencil.

Calligraphy/ink

3'x1.5' pencil(from 4 years ago)

Colored Pencil.

Watercolor

Oil pastel

Sharpie.

Graphic design(older stuff)

Messing around in Adobe Illustrator(I hated using this program in class!)

New graphic design cont. next post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.