The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   AQHA Dressage! (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/aqha-dressage-42201/)

Sixxofdiamonds 12-07-2009 11:58 AM

AQHA Dressage!

I finally got around to reading my December Americas HQrse Magazine (the magazine for American Quarter Horse Association members) and sure enough, on page 50 is an article titled True Blue and Fancy Too.

Apparently, Blue Fancy Dan is competing very well in dressage. The article states in the Rocky Mountain region. He was originally bred as a cow horse but tore a muscle and went on to work in dressage. He's only 15.2 HH!

America's HQrse Magazine will be doing a year-long series about Quarter Horses and dressage.

So if you have the non-Warmblood non-Thoroughbred horse and are doing dressage, you may want to check out the articles! I thought it was interesting!

Check out his Stallion Profile! Talk about versatile!

Diamond Double T Ranch: Raising Performance Horses in Longmont, CO - Blue Fancy Dan

FGRanch 12-07-2009 03:20 PM

I have to say that is one thing that I just love about the Quarter Horse. Their versatility!

I love that they can jump, do hunters, do dressage, cut a cow, run a barrel pattern, rein and even pack the kids around. They really are an amazing breed.

BTW that stud is stunning, he's got a great look to him.

SmoothTrails 12-07-2009 03:27 PM

^ agreed :)

FGRanch 12-07-2009 04:04 PM

JR Nick Shoemaker - breeding information, stallion directory, studbook.

Here is one of our local Dressage stars! :D

reining girl 12-07-2009 08:18 PM

that is awsome. WOOO GO QUARTER HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*~anebel~*~ 12-08-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FehrGroundRanch (Post 483514)

Whatever happened to him??
Last I heard they pulled him from training and he wasn't on the circuit last year.

My2Geldings 12-08-2009 01:05 PM

I absolutely love to see those breeds exceed and prove themselves in disciplines you wouldn't normally see them in. Great pics.