The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Critique? (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/critique-42353/)

UnrealJumper 12-09-2009 01:26 AM

Critique?

Hey guys, Im somwhat new to this site. Want to critique my riding?

YouTube - UnrealJumping's Channel

heres the link to my youtube, there are lots of different videos!!!
only the new ones! (we used to suck big time =P)

anything is helpful!!!

TwisterRush 12-09-2009 01:49 AM

Ill take a peak :D
Im not very wonderful with critique but can pin point the basics :)
Also welcome to the forum ;) I'm a canadian too ! im in fact a Manitobian LOL im gonna take a wild guess and say your from alberta ?

TwisterRush 12-09-2009 01:53 AM

alright from what i can see..

Do you believe in magic video
your horse looks abit like she is over jumping, but has definitally approved from the first clip.
you look like you are abit AHEAD of your horse,but i could be wrong.
gratz to you for looking up !

that is all i really have seen so far. :) GOod job !

UnrealJumper 12-10-2009 12:17 AM

check out more than one video on my channel ahha :P heres two i dont mind. =)

gypsygirl 12-10-2009 12:23 AM

hey ! i like your position a lot, your leg seems really tight ! one thing you could improve on would be giving a bit more release & keeping your hands down on his neck not floating above them

BaileeJJMommy 12-10-2009 12:27 AM

The biggest thing that pops into my head is that your horse was on the wrong lead most of the first video, and you didn't make him switch.

UnrealJumper 12-10-2009 01:17 AM

i didnt even realize!!! ugghhh thats horrible !!! lol most of these videos are like four months ago.

My2Geldings 12-12-2009 11:50 PM

You're a very good little rider. Are you self taught? do you take lessons? you're very good and you're horse is very athletic and seems to have a really nice attitude. Good for you for being a helmet wearer as well.

The only suggestion I have is the same one that was posted above. Try figuring your leads out because it's true your horse was cantering on the wrong lead in both videos.

Good work otherwise :D

UnrealJumper 12-13-2009 02:16 AM

thanks! yes i am a helmet wearer! it only takes once to injure yourself!! And yes I am self taught. Yes I am aware of my lead problem =P I guess thats one thing i need to work on.

Marrissa 12-13-2009 04:47 AM

You guys look good together. He seems to enjoy his job and looks like he's got the talent to go higher. I think you have very nice form and unless you're into doing hunter classes I wouldn't worry about that lead too much. It becomes automatic for you after a while and most horses will get to the point of switching once they know which way you're going after you've worked with them enough (and if they aren't being stubborn).