The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Annoying owner (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/annoying-owner-42369/)

LoveStory10 12-09-2009 08:34 AM

Annoying owner

Hey everyone, I guess I just need to rant.

I trained a 12 year old 14hh bay gelding called Midnight Starpractically from scratch, as his owners daughter had "messed him up".

He would literally attack you when you tried to bridle him, teeth bared and everything, he would rear when you buckled the girth, and swing his head round and bite you when you mounted. Then he would go into a VERY fast trot, only slowind down if you turned him in a tight circle. He'd be slow for two strides, then do it again. The same exact thing with the canter. He also rushed jumps (breaking into a gallop!!) And FLYING them, causing the rider to fall off 9 times out of 10. I finally got fed up with the girl, and asked the owner if I could train him, and 8 months later, he is a honey pie, my 5 year old unexpirienced cousin can ride him now. Now the only bad thing he does is not change leads. =)

Anyway, the little 12 year old girl is taking him to shows, and telling everyone SHE trained him! When I first started him, she was to afraid to even give him a carrot! When I tell people it was actually ME that trained him, they dont believe me, and they are all praising the girl for what I did!!! It's frustraiting cause it took me SOOO long!!!

Sorry bout that rant =)
Any comments to my moment of anger?:P

Cheshire 12-09-2009 12:32 PM

Well...sorry about that. But at least you have the personal satisfaction of knowing that it was you who "tamed the beast" and made him more manageable, at least for the time being. It's kind of weird though that everyone is believing a twelve year-old trained this unruly guy? lol

Sometimes horsey kids like that can be SO infuriating. I've met my fair share of them. :p

justsambam08 12-09-2009 12:42 PM

Well, if she turned him into a monster before, its only a matter of time before she does it again. I'm sure by next show season she'll be the girl with the demon pony. What goes around, comes around....

kevinshorses 12-09-2009 01:29 PM

Next time buy the horse cheap, train it and sell it to someone who will appreciate it.

StormyBlues 12-09-2009 10:10 PM

^acctaully that isn't that bad of an idea!

SaddleUp158 12-12-2009 09:51 PM

If you have to fix it again, take it to some shows for "experience" and when people ask why you are riding the horse, explain that the horse was developing bad habits "again" and you were asked to work with the horse once again to get him going right for the daughter. lol

Equinecrazy33 12-12-2009 10:20 PM

whatever shes a little brat sorry just watch the horse get messed up again when she rides him :( then have people watch YOU train him