The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   I want one of these!! Trail Corral (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/i-want-one-these-trail-corral-42447/)

horseluver250 12-10-2009 10:41 AM

I want one of these!! Trail Corral

Saw these on equine.com and I want one...well a not so expensive one:wink: Portable Horse Stalls and Corrals-Great For All Livestock-Use At Shows, Events, Camping, Trail Rides. It would be great for camping so we wouldn't have to tie the horses all night. Anyone have anything like this on their trailers? What brand do you have and what was the cost? Or anyone have any homemade ones? What materials did you use to make it?

Qtswede 12-10-2009 04:01 PM

That is so slick! Now I want one too - did you enter their giveaway? If we don't win, I am going to figure out how to make one. ;)

wild_spot 12-10-2009 04:08 PM

My dad makes a new set of yards for each time we upgrade floats. At first we only had one yard, but as we got more horses we moved up to two joined yards, and he will be making three yards out of a new system for our new 3 horse angle load.

wild_spot 12-10-2009 04:10 PM

He normally makes panels out of steel - Two rails. They join together with steel pins.

He is going to try out a new design on the new yards - Each panel will have am saller steel rectangle that swings out without legs to make 1 panel the size of 2 - Easier storage and bigger yards.

He makes his own brackets to mount the panels on the side of the float.

stacieandtheboys 12-10-2009 04:51 PM

Very cool! I entered. I never win things but I figured what the heck!

Qtswede 12-10-2009 04:52 PM

well, ya can't win unless you enter! ;)

horseluver250 12-10-2009 06:57 PM

Of course I entered :D Stacieandtheboys- I'm the same way, I'm constantly entering things but have yet to win anything haha

Wild_spot - do you have any pics of the yards your dad makes?

wild_spot 12-10-2009 07:03 PM

I don't have any of them set up - But here is a shot of our old float with enough panels to make 2 decent size yards mounted on the side.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...t/CIMG2040.jpg

NorthernMama 12-10-2009 08:53 PM

Too fancy pants for me.

I just use 1/2" steel rods and a single strand of electrical fencing. Hook up my portable fencer if there are other horses around and I'm good to go. Any size, any shape, any terrain except bedrock and pavement. Though I already have a thought in my head how I could do those as well if need be. If it's just my horses and nothing "scarey" around, I don't even bother with the fencer and will tie the fenceline around trees or whatever is available. And if I go camping, I go with a tent, not a truck, so I'm certainly not going to carry around these panels! :lol: Hopefully next summer, we'll be doing that camping thing.

I don't like that these portable fences don't have a gate built in to them. Too much work to take the horse in and out. Maybe the upscale ones do have a gate. Or maybe I didn't watch enough of the video. I stopped after 4 minutes. Nice idea about the drop legs. And nicer than electric for more than one kind or size of animal.

Annaland13 12-13-2009 06:33 PM

That is sick.