The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   TWH, Head held high? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/twh-head-held-high-42606/)

TwisterRush 12-12-2009 09:56 PM

TWH, Head held high?

Im just wondering, but a friend of mine has a TWH, i was watching a video of her riding her around barrels.
The video had a really bad quality and it looked like the horse wasnt given much room to move it's head. so i simply said the following

Quote:

you should give her more room to move her neck out more.. i would say give her more head.... because that is the proper term lol. Anyways.... you look like you are holding her back Alot.
Than she went and said

Quote:

actually im not, her neck naturally goes up like that.
specially when she trots, or speeds up, its a natural thing twhs do...
And on her status she went and got mad and said this
Quote:

don't tell me what to do? I know what i'm doing, maybe you should of looked up **** first before you try nd correct me?
So i simply went and asked her if that was directed towards me and she told me that it was and she was pissed off.

So to pretty much calm her down and tell her im not trying to make her riding seem bad
Quote:

why are you mad, i simply point out something that i thought, and i do already know alot, so i dont see why you are telling me to look something up, when some horses do and do not hold their heads so high. i obviously never met the horses, the video had really bad quality to top it off,

ANYWAYS completely off topic, but i thought i should explain thing's about why i am posting this question, but do TWH's naturally hold their heads up heigh, even when being ridden ?

I simply saw the video and saw very little rein given to the horse, but i never met her horse and the quality was not very good.

Sorry for the novel, cookies for those who read this :)

Sunny06 12-12-2009 10:14 PM

Depends on the horse. Sunny holds his head higher, but tucks his nose in as well. Whereas Simon holds his pretty low and collected. Depends, I guess.

But yeah. You will probably see many TWHs holding theirs higher than a normal horse. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why.

LadyDreamer 12-12-2009 10:41 PM

Conformationally, her neck may be set higher. TWHs are not built like a QH or a TB, whose necks sit more in front than up.

TwisterRush 12-12-2009 11:20 PM

oh okay, alright thank you both

Sunny06 12-13-2009 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an example. Higher, yet controlled and tucked in head.

Attachment 19035