The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Pre arranged marriage? LOL (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/pre-arranged-marriage-lol-42690/)

Heybird 12-14-2009 10:18 AM

Pre arranged marriage? LOL

8 Attachment(s)
My husbands spent all last week turning one paddock into 2, we are trying to make some more room at the barn for boarders. So here is the process, he had to take extra precautions to insure there would be no "escapes" as my horse is not gelded. :lol:

Laying the post down.
Attachment 19103

Post and gate up.
Attachment 19104

Fence and hot wire on top and bottom :wink: No poneh making just yet lol
Attachment 19105

This will be Adobes side furthest away from all the girls... lol
Attachment 19106

Plumbing in the water.
Attachment 19107

Adobe went right in, then it was Dallas turn, she did not want to.... lol But after a little persuasion she was ok.
Attachment 19108

Attachment 19109

Hey now.... lol So far they are enjoying each others company and behaving. :D
Attachment 19110

ShutUpJoe 12-14-2009 11:06 AM

That's some awesome fence making : ) Cute paint.

Heybird 12-14-2009 11:26 AM

lol thanks I'm lucky to not only have a horsey husband but a handy one as well. Especially since my horse (paint) is such a klutz and his likes to lean up against gates... lol

MyBoyPuck 12-14-2009 11:13 PM

Just a word of caution. That gate they are touching noses through can be very dangerous for horses. All gates should be of rounded metal. They can get stuck in those flat gates. Cheap fix to avoid a very big potential problem. If nothing else, make sure they absoultely cannot get a head or leg through there. Love your setup otherwise. Beautiful horses.

Heybird 12-15-2009 09:59 AM

I agree and thanks for the info, but unfortunately we do not own the barn and the BO only offered this gate.

Heybird 12-21-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBoyPuck (Post 490639)
Just a word of caution. That gate they are touching noses through can be very dangerous for horses. All gates should be of rounded metal. They can get stuck in those flat gates. Cheap fix to avoid a very big potential problem. If nothing else, make sure they absoultely cannot get a head or leg through there. Love your setup otherwise. Beautiful horses.

Luckily we had enough people including a trainer complain about the gate. Although we couldn't get a new gate my husband was able to solve the problem. He used some more wire fencing and "wrapped the gate" securely so they now have to touch above the fence and under the hot wire... LOL :wink:

jemmamalone 12-21-2009 07:21 PM

good idea.
Love the pictures though. Your husband did a really good job.

barnprincess 12-21-2009 07:56 PM

ahahah i love how they knew the gate wasent hot smart ponehs!