The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Help My Hobby! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/help-my-hobby-42976/)

LadyDreamer 12-17-2009 10:39 PM

Help My Hobby!

Could I please get everyone to sign this petition to amend shipping regulations on Tarantulas via USPS? The reasons WHY are all explained on the petition site, here:
Shipping Tarantulas USPS | Tarantula Shipping |

PLEASE. This will help my hobby immensely if you just sign. Whether or not you know or even like Tarantulas, this will take only a few seconds and your signature will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Brighteyes 12-17-2009 10:48 PM

Wait, I wasn't suppose to do that? :shock: Oops... I hope my spider and the government are ok with my oversight...

Anyway, that's certainly inconvenient. And I noticed it included turtles as well, which is an issue for me as a tortoise breeder. I don't see why such animals can't be shipped; they are completely harmless. I understand animals that are ACTUALLY venomous, but tarantulas, turtles, harmless snakes, etc, pose no threat to anyone unless the workers are poking around my shipping boxes and provoking the animals.

LadyDreamer 12-17-2009 10:54 PM

Well, no, you are not supposed to ship Ts, and it is very illegal, but there are MANY that are shipped every day.

A good man, the man I bought two of mine from got a warning. If you are caught you could face a several thousand dollar fine and like five years in prison.

Gidji 12-17-2009 11:03 PM

Signed :) Hope it helps you and all your spidey friends :)

Brighteyes 12-17-2009 11:26 PM

I shipped mine quite a few years ago (roughly ten), so I guess I'm off the hook. :D If they haven't caught me by now, they never will. (Wha ha ha ha!) Next time though, I think I'll drive to get my critters. I don't want to pay obscene amount of money and go to prison.