The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Alright Barrel Racers and Saddle Connissours Lets Make This the Last One (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/alright-barrel-racers-saddle-connissours-lets-43094/)

chesterh 12-19-2009 10:41 PM

Alright Barrel Racers and Saddle Connissours Lets Make This the Last One

OOOOOK. So I have narrowed down my search for a used barrel saddle down to a few choices. There is a decent variation in prices and all of which I can get (if barely) in my budget.

Courts Sharon Camarillo barrel saddle
Double J Charmayne James barrel saddle
Cactus (non CJ) barrel saddle
Circle Y Martha Josey 'The Proven' barrel saddle
Shiloh Cecil Phillips barrel saddle
Teskeys barrel saddle
Triple Creek barrel saddle
Martin barrel/combo saddle

Ok, so if you had your choice of any of these saddles, which would you choose and why? How would you rate the quality of these saddles? Pretty much.... I have done TOO MUCH RESEARCH, my head seems to be twisted on backwards and I need help from people who know more about the saddles than I do. i.e. ridden in them! I don't think I have ridden in any of these.

Thanks and I really look forward to hearing back from people. I need to get this saddle search over with or AT LEAST make a decision.

chesterh 12-20-2009 12:05 AM

Ok so I can get all 4 of these for the same price -ironically. NOT the one listed. Which would YOU take?

Barrel Horse World (cactus with leopard)

Barrel Horse World

Barrel Horse World

Barrel Horse World

Honeysuga 12-20-2009 12:21 AM

I Like #3

chesterh 12-20-2009 12:45 AM

its pretty huh?! ok... anyone else? please please please please

thunderhooves 12-20-2009 01:29 AM

I dont like any, but if I had to, I'd go with number 3. The last one really annoys me. if they are pricing a saddle like that at 1,500 they should really have better pics than that. good Luck with your saddle hunt,though! :)

I love Arabs 12-20-2009 01:47 AM

I am quite farmiliar with DJ and cactus (DJ, CJ and Pozzi) ( Cactus, CJ) I dont really like the Cactus Iahve also seen the Marlene Mcrae (not ridden in) I absolutly LOVE and HIGHLY recomend Double J CJ saddles!! (not Pozzi) They are comfy and work for every thing I could trail ride FOR EVER!! However I dont like DJ Pozzis, They are uncomfy and haveent fit any of my horses (5 all shapes) IMO. I also like Circle Y and martins but if I had the choice:

1 Double J CJ
2 Circle Y
3 Martin

PS sorry for the spelling haha I am very tired :wink:

Also to add: Unfortantly CJ is out of my price range other wise id have one by now!!

chesterh 12-20-2009 02:13 AM

Anyone know anything about the Triple Creek? Its beautiful and I know that you see a decent number of them in the circuit but I want some first hand experience. Anyone?

horseluver250 12-20-2009 06:58 AM

I like the pozzi listed with the cactus haha, it looks comfy and well broke in (prob not one of the choices though huh?) I do NOT like the 4th - 15" cactus saddle, it doesn't look like it was very well cared for for the price they are asking for it. The 2nd looks very stiff an uncomfortable as well, the leather just looks cheap to me for what it is. I like the look of the triple creek saddle, but to be honest I have never even seen one, so don't know the quality. Sorry that probably doesn't really help ya at all:wink:

Tennessee 12-20-2009 09:42 AM

Get the Charmayne James barrel saddle. They are so highly suggested because as a barrel racer herself, she understands what the barrel racer wants and needs in a saddle. It is a very comfortable, and well built saddle. I have one, and of my barrel saddles(I have also a Billy Cook and then a no name saddle) it is the one I like the most.

cowgirl4jesus94 12-20-2009 11:50 AM

I would go with what fits your horse the best.. as for looks I would go with the Charmayne James saddle.