The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Vent (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/vent-43119/)

stacieandtheboys 12-20-2009 12:35 PM

Vent

So I look out my backdoor to see my neighbor beating the crap out of her horse trying to get her to load in her 2 horse trailer. This little mare loads fine in a stock or larger trailer but this is all they have so I agree she does need to learn to load on it but beating the crap out of her with a lunge whip....sigh she has only owned horses for a short time and hangs around a really harsh cowboy bunch. Bleh I am just not going to look out the window anymore.

jemmamalone 12-20-2009 01:12 PM

Oh thats terrible!
But people learn from other people and sometimes its not always the best way.
Thats horrible for the horse though, im not to sure what i would do... say something or look away :s
I think i would have to go out there and offer to help ( without hurting the horse of course)
Hope the horse is ok.

FGRanch 12-20-2009 05:49 PM

It sucks, but really? Nothing you can do about it. I hope the horse learns to load quick to prevent futher beatings.

Luv 2 Trail 12-20-2009 08:22 PM

:cry:What a shame! I feel so bad for the little mare.

kevinshorses 12-20-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacieandtheboys (Post 495411)
sigh she has only owned horses for a short time and hangs around a really harsh cowboy bunch. Bleh I am just not going to look out the window anymore.

If they are real cowboys they should be able to tell her that the fastest way to load a horse is slowly.

iridehorses 12-20-2009 09:19 PM

Kevin, you are right but, unfortunately, the name "cowboy" is often used by people to mean roughhouse. It's meant in a derogatory way.

JumpingTheMoon 12-20-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 495945)
Kevin, you are right but, unfortunately, the name "cowboy" is often used by people to mean roughhouse. It's meant in a derogatory way.

I have to agree. I'm not the hippy liberal tree hugging type, but it really bugs me when people use "cowboy" that way. Drives me nuts! Most true cowboys are great horsefolks. Argh.

OP - That's awful. Poor mare.

I have to agree on the quickest being the slowest. I heard somewhere (or read it) "Act like you've got all day to do it and it'll take 15 minutes. Act like you've got 15 minutes to do it and it'll take all day." Quite apt.

FGRanch 12-20-2009 09:55 PM

I love that saying and I swear by it!

stacieandtheboys 12-20-2009 10:07 PM

ok well what do I call them then? a lot of them are true cowboys...that actually work cows for a living... That is why i used the adjective harsh in front of cowboy and not just the word cowboy. So if someone will give me the PC term i will use that instead. geesh

Honeysuga 12-20-2009 10:48 PM

No one was snapping at you.

You were correct in calling them harsh cowboys, they are cowboys who just so happen to be of the rough and tough sort right?