The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Do you believe that humans can have soulmates but for horses? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/do-you-believe-humans-can-have-43147/)

MythRider 12-20-2009 06:21 PM

Do you believe that humans can have soulmates but for horses?

Well, my pony is like the second half of me. We have like EVERYTHING in common. And we get along soooo well. I mean like we understand each other. She gets mad when I don't see her and I get depressed. She is my dream horse and I love her to death. I do believe that she is my soul horse, but that's just me.

So what about you?

ridergirl23 12-20-2009 06:27 PM

i believe that people do connect with that one special horse in our lives. Mine is Rena she came to me through karma,luck and my stubborness lol. the vet said she would be lame in only one or two years if were lucky. i said: bullpoopy (well,more like thoguht it!) andasked to have x-rays done and all that...well the vet soon admited that there was no problems :D

me and rena get along like sisters... we fight have HUGE arguements, hold grudges and in short make eachother mad... but i love her SO SO SO MUCH! And she likes me to as a herd member (i hope?!) lol but even tho we dont get along, she is the one :D and not getting along is what makes us get along. we are btoh sooo stubborn!

LoveMyDrummerBoy 12-20-2009 06:31 PM

I totally believe that. I think that my horse is my "soulhorse" too. Were inseparable and I have no idea what I would do without him.

Equuestriaan 12-21-2009 08:14 AM

Yeah.. sadly my soul horse has come and gone. :(

Sophie19 12-21-2009 09:46 AM

I don't know about having just one horse that you were meant to bond with. But I defiantly believe that God meant for me to own the horse I own today. I was going to buy a different horse but while eating pizza at a restaurant I my dad and I heard some guys at the table next to us talking about some dressage horses they had for sell. My dad leaned over and asked if they had any jumpers and they said they didn't but they knew someone who did. That lead us to a woman who was good friends with my mom and actually lived with us when I was a baby. When she brought Hershey out of that barn I knew he was mine. I could see through his thin body and shabby coat to the horse he would become. It was love at first sight. If we had chosen a different restaurant or different time I would have never had Hershey. I truly believe that God lead me to him.

MythRider 12-21-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophie19 (Post 496391)
I don't know about having just one horse that you were meant to bond with. But I defiantly believe that God meant for me to own the horse I own today. I was going to buy a different horse but while eating pizza at a restaurant I my dad and I heard some guys at the table next to us talking about some dressage horses they had for sell. My dad leaned over and asked if they had any jumpers and they said they didn't but they knew someone who did. That lead us to a woman who was good friends with my mom and actually lived with us when I was a baby. When she brought Hershey out of that barn I knew he was mine. I could see through his thin body and shabby coat to the horse he would become. It was love at first sight. If we had chosen a different restaurant or different time I would have never had Hershey. I truly believe that God lead me to him.

aww. small world isn't it? well my story started out where there was this horse i fell in love with. have you ever heard of jamie wyeth? well he owned the horse i was half leasing. this was a picture he painted:
http://www.tfaoi.com/mn/mib/mib56.jpg

and the horse i was half leasing was (and that was me 2 years ago):
comet on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

well anyways he got sent back because jamie's cousin's horse went lame and i had helped comet improve sooo much! he was soo fat and barely moved (THE SLOWEST HORSE EVER) but he trusted me and i got him going somehow and i had no leg whatsoever back then. so i found out that right after they took him back, they sold him to someone i knew and i might go see him soon :D. i was pissed about that, but now i'm not. anyways so my mom was looking everywhere for a horse for me. we tried this 14.0 quarter pony who was a BRAT. he would like not stop. so he didn't work then we tried this other quarter horse. god that horse had a huge head. he was 14.2 and had a medium size horse head! lol. anyways so he bucked me off at a full speed gallop. i got back on and he galloped around the ring like four times and that was an olympic size ring! i eventually stopped him, but he went back (he was completely crazy.) and then so my mom was talking to her hair stylist and then the owner of the shop came by and started telling about her daughter's horse. then my mom was like we're looking for a horse for sale for my daughter and the lady was like my daughter's horse isn't for sale yet, but we can let you look at her. anyways after loads of begging, my trainer finally agreed to go look at the mare (she didn't want to because she didn't get the cut...) anyways so it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! i mean like the moment i saw her i was totally in love. i just knew she was mine. and when i got on her, she felt sooo different because she was built differently than any horse i'd ridden. anyways i fell totally in love even more when i rode her. and for the next few weeks i BEGGED my mom if we were getting her. then on april 1st of 2007, i went to the barn and there my pony was :D and i've owned her for 2 years and she is the love of my life! she IS my soul horsey :D

MythRider 12-21-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equuestriaan (Post 496348)
Yeah.. sadly my soul horse has come and gone. :(

awww i'm sooooo sorry about your soul horse. :cry: i hope you find another horsey soon. i know what it's like because my dog passed away three years ago. i loved her soooooo much and it was devistating for me.... but she was suffering from cancer, so she's in peace now.

roro 12-21-2009 07:11 PM

To me, there is no such thing as a soul let alone a soul mate. However, there are definitely horses that can really get in sync with their owners based on the similarity of their personalities and the quality of the relationship. I think almost any person can get in sync with almost any horse if they are experienced enough and know what to do, so it is not really a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.

sillybunny11486 12-21-2009 07:32 PM

I dont think I can believe in it, simply because there are soooo many horses out there. I thought I found the one several times, so there isnt really a "one" IMO.