The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Is this for real!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/real-43180/)

juneau 12-21-2009 01:17 AM

Is this for real!!!

Okay look at this ad! A Fresian for $500 really confused cuz I thought they where really expensive horses?

Horsefinders.com - Horse for Sale - Stanley

I dont know help me and fill me in!!!!

I love Arabs 12-21-2009 02:40 AM

Im going for a typo and it really being 5000$ but if not than someone has a deal (as long as he vets/is sound and no serious vices)

Amberley 12-21-2009 03:01 AM

I'm thinking scam..
They only have one photo.. no phn number..

Fishy..

smrobs 12-21-2009 03:31 AM

This is a fairly common scam that people run. They advertise the horse as being super well broke and bred for such a low price. The only problem is that they require you to send them the money and a money order for transport before they will send you the horse. Then they take the money and run cause there is no horse.

JumpingTheMoon 12-21-2009 09:33 AM

Yuh scam. Is there even a Dallas Alabama?

Phantomcolt18 12-21-2009 10:18 AM

that add does seem weird. And there's a Dallas County, Alabama but no straight up dallas alabama. This is definately a too good to be true thing.

plus dont friesians mature around 16 hands?

gypsygirl 12-21-2009 10:44 AM

the info at the top & the bottom say hes a different height & age ....

TwisterRush 12-21-2009 12:15 PM

its a scam.

Loook also at the fact there is only one photo, with really bad quality, and it is rather small.
there is no phone number and also the fact that the information is not correct.

I personally would report the ad, or message them asking them why it is so cheap ;) ?

I went and when shopping to purchase a Congo African Grey, (after lots of research) i had come across MANY scammers, now i can tell right off the back of my hand 90% of the time, if they are.

I learned that if they are from Cameroon, pass it by, it is a scam there is no bird.

Recently i decided to email a scammer for the fun of it, and he told me he was from cameroon, gave me some sob story, blah blah blah.

I flipped out of him and told him what to do with his crap lol,

He told me he was coming after me and that anyone who knows me can go .......... Actually i still have the messages i believe.

But after that ! i found another ad about a congo from him, i asked him why it was so cheap... again haha, next day the ad was removed :)

snoggle 12-21-2009 01:27 PM

There are a lot of Friesian scams out there. From what I've read, there are probably more ads for Friesians that are scams than are legitimate. There are several other threads about this on the forum. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

They kinda remind me of those emails I get (several per day on my work account) for lottery winnings or inheritances with all of the goofy grammer.

Jillyann 12-21-2009 03:10 PM

That screams scam to me! There is no phone number. You could email them, and I bet you will get something crazy back. friesians are usually used in scams like that.