The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   how much is he worth? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/how-much-he-worth-43354/)

barebackcowgirl99 12-23-2009 06:10 AM

how much is he worth?

:wink:how much do u think this pony is worth?

hi , i have just broken in a registed welsh mountain pony, 11.2hh,3 yeear old and he has no vices. i have to sell him before easter. he has been to pony club is very good at it and a 5 year old child rides him and loves him. he is really a good little pony and he is very very pretty so if a child rides him they will be able to brag at pony club lol...

tell me what u think?

White Foot 12-24-2009 09:39 PM

Just from that info I would guess 1,000 or under. Since he's only three he doesn't have much training under him. If you could I would hold out and get more training, then you could sell him for more. Post pics:D

mom2pride 12-25-2009 02:43 AM

3 years old, and a 5 year old is riding him all the time? Either this is not a 'true' ad, or the pony is a saint...And honestly, how much experience with gymkhana can a 3 year old pony have? He shouldn't BE running gymkhana yet...unless he is only doing slow events, or is doing them slow. I would be skeptical of an ad like this unless I saw it for real, in person.

Kayty 12-25-2009 03:11 AM

Any photos? Welshies can go for a bucket load here as youngsters/breakers if they are Royal Show quality. As a 3 year old, I wouldn't expect him to know much at all, particuarly if a 5 year old is riding him. He may be very quiet, but his level of education isn't going to be great.
I'm not going to put a price on him until I see some photo's if you can get some.

iridehorses 12-25-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2pride (Post 500090)
3 years old, and a 5 year old is riding him all the time? Either this is not a 'true' ad, or the pony is a saint...And honestly, how much experience with gymkhana can a 3 year old pony have? He shouldn't BE running gymkhana yet...unless he is only doing slow events, or is doing them slow. I would be skeptical of an ad like this unless I saw it for real, in person.

I've read the 1st post several times and I can't imagine what you are referring to. I've never seen the word "gymkhana" mentioned let alone a child running the pattern.

White Foot 12-25-2009 04:26 PM

Gymkhaha is gaming for pony clubers and 4-H groups, mostly for little kids.
Maybe because the poster said the horse is a great kids pony and has been to the pony club.

wild_spot 12-25-2009 05:04 PM

In Australia a Gymkhana is a PC competition including ring events, sporting and jumping or others. There are age groups. It is NOT just a gameing event.

Seeing as Gymkhana wasn't even mentioned in the initial post it's a moot point anyway.

I agree with Katyk. There won't be much of a market as a kids horse because it is so young - But if it has royal quality looks and movement, it could go for a decent amount.

iridehorses 12-26-2009 07:14 AM

LOL, I think you missed my point.

My2Geldings 12-26-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 500728)

I thought the exact same thing as you. Regardless of the breed, a THREE year old horse/pony/donkey will not have the experience to carry an inexperienced rider thru pony club, especially when 75% of the kids who attend PC are usually more an inexperienced group(no offence to anyone, I was in Pony Club myself for years, great program).

If he carries a kid thru it, it's likely more because as posted above, he is a saint because he is to young to have had the proper training or even the experience to take on a beginner rider.

With some training under it's belt, you could make yourself a very good amount of money. If you decide to sell your pony now, unless it's a little horse with exceptional conformation and breeding, you are not going to find someone who is willing to take on a green welsh pony unless you price him for cheap.

Would be curious to see pictures of him.
Cheers

wild_spot 12-26-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

I'm lost; What point?