The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (
-   -   intro and a blog w/ WIP (

artbysue 11-15-2007 09:40 AM

intro and a blog w/ WIP

I am new here. I am an equine artist and also the proud momma to 3 horses (and 3 human kids!) and hopefully a foal this spring. And a goat. :) I mostly trail ride around my home only because I have teens and preteens that keep me running my taxi service so I find it easier to just ride her at home. My tb mare is in foal to a beautiful warmblood stud so I am so excited to see the new addition but still got a ways to go. My other two are arabs. One was a rescue and one I have had since birth. She is 11 yrs old now. I can't believe my baby is 11!!! I will always think of her as my baby!

I often post 'work in progress' photos of my artwork on my blog listed below and also on my web site

I'd love any feedback you care to share!

alucard 11-15-2007 10:11 AM

I commend you for doing water color! That medium is really hard. lol!

artbysue 11-15-2007 11:16 AM

I see you live in Montana! Oh I bet the scenery there is beautiful!

I work in watercolors, acrylics, pastels, graphite and oils.

I started out drawing in grahite and then painted with acrylics because you can just paint over mistakes in acrylics. I was scared of watercolor because people said it was hard but its not so hard as just different. :) Kind of like some horses! Watercolors need to be coaxed (like some horses!) so once I got the feel it was actually very relaxing. Acrylics are more bold and make more of a statement and need a firmer hand-- like some horses! Oh do you see a trend here? I relate everything back to horses!

kim_angel 11-16-2007 09:14 AM

Very stunning work, I am really impressed :D

artbysue 11-16-2007 10:31 AM

Thank you Kim. Your horse is beautiful!