The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Pony Club. Distaster (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/pony-club-distaster-4351/)

Nnatnotnormal 11-15-2007 08:36 PM

Pony Club. Distaster

Im new here but anyway.

My pony club Ferngalde is great. Peorple the are soo nice.
But like high school you get people who dont like you.

These three girls. i know this sounds like a chik movie buts it not.

MarieKaye, Laciee && Gerogie are there names. There parents are rich and are snoobby,LOL

i have had to a new saddle since they broke mine when i was eating lunch.

my horse, Sally has been spooked so many times i have trouble getting her off the float.

Please help me stop them.

Ive told me incsturctor but they said therve never seen them do it so theres nothing they can do.

I deeply love riding but what am i meant do? give up something i look forward to because there.when there not there its escallent they say hurtful calling my hrose name when she is truly beatufil.

im so hurt

Vidaloco 11-15-2007 09:48 PM

Sounds like a pack of bullies. I know its hard to ignore them but do your best. If you can't, get mad and tell them to stop whatever they are doing. Try not to show your emotions that just adds fuel to the fire. I know thats easier said than done but try thinking that you are protecting your horse and you need to be brave for her. I'm a great believer in retribution and someday, whether you get to see it or not, they will get whats coming to them and will pay for being mean. Good luck and BE BRAVE

country kid 11-15-2007 11:59 PM

hmm maybe i dont have the best suggestion, but there was people like that at the pony club i was at, and well i set them straight! i stood up for my self and the others that they were picking on, and well im past the pony club grades so i am nt in it anymore, but it did help! but the people i had to stand up to were the instructors, not other riders. so i was pretty brave. also a bit of a trouble maker, ha ha but i wasnt going to jsut sit there and let them do what they weredoing. obvisouly the situation was different, and the only thing i can actually remember about pony club is how much i actually hated pony club!

ummm so try ignoreing them first, if it doesnt work, i would honestly have a go at them infront of other people so everyone else can see, and then they will get embarassed!

probly not best to do wat i did straight away though!!

country kid

jazzyrider 11-16-2007 07:22 AM

both posts so far are good advice in their own way. i believe, like vida, that what goes around comes around.

sometimes however, keeping quiet can urge some bullies on. it seems like they know you wont say anything so it almost gives them free rein (pardon the pun) to keep doing whatever they are doing.

what about your parents? im assuming your are younger. i apologise of you are not. if these girls are ruining your gear etc then something needs to be done about them. i do believe that you should speak out. dont become petty like they are or it makes you no better than them but stand strong and let them know that you are not going to take their crap anymore. talk to whoever is there that will listen about your troubles and dont give up until someone realises there is a problem worth doing something about.

i really feel for you having to go through all this. pony clubs are notorious for their percentage of mean girls. unfortunately, this is a part of being in the horse world as well. having said that, the majority of these girls are usually confined to pony clubs for some reason. one reason i hate pony clubs myself.

is there any way you are able to move your horse? no one should have to put up with it and to be honest, if they are spoilt little rich girls, the chances of them changing are slim to none.

take care and chin up. remember you are there for your horse, not them :) oh, and keep a closer eye on your tack and maybe taking a camera along for 'evidence' would be a good idea too :)

kim_angel 11-16-2007 10:10 AM

Hi there'
When I was in high school I was bullied really badly because of how I looked. I went to a private high school where there were a lot of rich snobby girls.

Let me tell you what i found to work best...

Pretend like they dont exsist.

If you pay attention to what they say, then they win. If you just go on about your life and be happy with your horse, then they lose.

The reason these girls are bullying you is because they are lacking something in their own life and are insecure.

You and your horse are all that matters.

Come here and post whenever you want, you will find lots of friends here.

Peace.

PoptartShop 11-16-2007 08:09 PM

Eh, I highly dislke people like that.
But really, if they're ruining your tack (especially a saddle!) constantly, then you should let an adult know about it. That's wrong, & childish of them!
They are just jealous of you probably, or have nothing better to do but bother you. Like kim said, they are probably insecure.

~MavvyMyBeauty 11-16-2007 08:50 PM

God, they BROKE your saddle?! That's awful.

It's horrible that they're ruining the thing you love most. ): I'm useless at advice .. but the stuff up there is pretty good. ^

If you are indeed younger .. I think you should definately talk to an adult because breaking people's stuff (especially important stuff!) is wayy too far. Get them to pay for it. :twisted:

Anyway, i'm sure that was all totally unhelpful but good luck and I hope you get it sorted. (:

Ride4Life 11-17-2007 12:12 AM

i would deff do what country kid said. try to ignore them for a while & keep a good watch on your tack, then if it still doesnt stop, make sure theres a lot of ppl around & embaress them. but dont like dont anything crazyly stupid cuz if their rich, then like idk they could hire a lawyer or soemthing idk..

WranglerBlondie93. 11-17-2007 12:49 AM

THATS AWFUL!!!!!! YOU POOR THING!!
im just wondering what breed is your horse?
coz some people are a bit like that with breeds of horses coz im starting pony club next year (i think) and there is a pony club called bendigo pony club and if i rode up with them on my quarter horse cross appaloosa they would give me so much crap coz you have to have the perfect thoroughbred or warmblood not saying anything about them horses i love them but its more the owners that i really hate.

latte62lover 11-17-2007 09:48 AM

idk if this is gonna help any but here:

I tried out for a volleyball and i wasn't that good because that was my first time and everyone else had been playing for like two years. but then people started making fun of me...specifically two girls that were friends with everyone else. i had no friends on the team except for two other girls. they spread rumors around like i was gay to the whole school. luckly i had enough friends and people who knew me to know that was totally fake. they discluded me from everything and so finally i stood up to one girl and said to her exactly what i knew. she was pissed but a lot of other people found out what happened that way and one of her friends actually walked away from her gave me a big hug and told me that i was absolutely right and then pulled me away from the mean girl. that day i told another friend on the team named sarah who was also friends with the mean one what happened and she helped me out and was really understanding. so now me and the mean girl are actually friends because she realized what she was doing and how i don't accept trash like that.

i hoped that might of helped