The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   ApHC Members (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/aphc-members-43528/)

Honeysuga 12-25-2009 07:18 PM

ApHC Members

As you might know my moms mare Satins paperwork burned when her house did. She cannot find her old owners name and number, so could I ask a favor of someone who can look her up and possibly find out for me?

Mom thinks she remembers her name as Fun N Run Patches, or something close to that anyway. I can pay if you need it, but we really want to get her registration fixed...

Thanks!

Eastowest 12-26-2009 07:44 PM

I scrolled through 12 pages of names beginning with FUN on the ApHC data site (starting with a horse named "Fun" and ending with a horse named "Funzipped Dream" and I can't find anything close to "Fun N Run Patches". The only horse out of the approx. 140 I scrolled through with any version of "Patch" in their name was "Funtastic Patche" which would be an approx. 30 year old horse.

Sorry I couldn't help more-- any other possibilities for names, or were the papers possibly from another association besides ApHC?

Eastowest 12-26-2009 07:58 PM

Ahhh-- found her. Name is "Patches Fun N Run".

Current owner listed as James E. or Robynne Halbrook, Bonne Terre, MO. The database does not list addresses, but if you call the ApHC (208-882-5578-- open M-F 8-5 Pacific time) they will give you the current address of a member or past member over the phone. They will not give out phone numbers.

Here is the mare's pedigree (I added details per the ApHC database).

Patches Fun N Run Appaloosa

You owe me a dollar.
:-) :-) :-)

Eastowest 12-26-2009 08:06 PM

Here you are for horses for sale and a phone number for Jim Halbrook of Halbrook Farms in Bonne Terre MO--
Horseville Horse Classifieds

ETA-- and here's an ad with an email address--
http://www.ozarkshorseexchange.com/n...php?a=2&b=3010

Honeysuga 12-26-2009 08:16 PM

Thank you so much. Hmmm, a dollar eh?

Honeysuga 12-26-2009 08:18 PM

New question Easttowest, What do you think of her lines?

Eastowest 12-26-2009 09:04 PM

Well, I don't know anything about the immediate ancestry. Her sire, dam, and grandparents are not point earners with ApHC. There may be some racing accomplishments on the bottom side, but I can't search it.

A few generations back on her sire's side she has a treasure trove of Pacific Northwest Appaloosa breeding that was the best for its day. Names like Simcoe's Sarceeama, Quinta Chief, Storm Cloud F, Simcoe's Chinook, Red Eagle, Chief Joseph Rex-- you can google those names and find photos and info on most if not all of them. Some are also in the Appaloosa Hall of Fame. But its all pretty far back there in her pedigree.

Onher dam's side, Mr. Spotted Bull (which is where the grey comes from)and Scooter Bug G are in the Appaloosa Racing Hall of Fame, Joker's Dun Spot was a well known son of Hall of Famer Joker B-- but again, getting pretty far back in her pedigree.

Looking at her pedigree, I would expect an athetic horse with decent bone and feet and good legs, perhaps lighter muscled, more "elegant" than massive-- but with her mix of bloodlines its a tough guess, LOL-- please share photos when you can!

Honeysuga 12-26-2009 09:56 PM

I am getting a cam today, but don't know when I will have pics... She is very tall @ least 16hh, have not measured though. LONG legs, lovely round neat feet, not too small. Nicely sprung ribcage IMO, nicely muscled rump. Her head is not as refined as I would like, but not ugly by far,2 blue eyes, though one seems really odd to me, it is almost black, very inky in color. I thought she might be blind in it, but she blinks when you move your hand around it and it reacts to light well, so IDK... . A little long in the back IMO, nothing serious though...

I will look up her ancestors and see if she looks like anyone (FUN!)

She looks a lot like Mr Spotted Bull IMO

Eastowest 12-26-2009 10:04 PM

Here is some stuff on Mr. Spotted Bull, who is probably her most famous recent ancestor, and who she probably most resembles in color.

Mr Spotted Bull - Appaloosa Stallion in the ApHC Racing Hall of Fame
Texoma Appaloosas - Hall of Fame
Texoma Appaloosas - Mr. Spotted Bull Info
http://appaloosa.com/association/hof/MrSpottedBull.htm

Honeysuga 12-26-2009 10:43 PM

Yup, they look most alike definitely.

Just going through all of this for mom, I'm learning more about appys and thinking about really getting into the breed someday.

how long have you been into apps Easttowest?