The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Avatar (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/avatar-43592/)

Mira 12-26-2009 09:54 PM

I went and saw Avatar in 3D earlier today.
I was kind of leery because I'm not a fan of alien movies, or movies that are half computer animation/half normal.

But...

Avatar definitely rocked! The graphics were great and the perfect blend of computer animation+realness that it wasn't dumb haha It made me want to just go live with them lol! (I get like that with books, too. Their lives are so much more adventurous! :-P)

I really recommend seeing this movie if you haven't already. It's not dumb like I thought it would be. ;)

LoveMyDrummerBoy 12-26-2009 10:05 PM

haha Thats ironic. I just noticed your post after my mom and I decided to go. Thanks for the review!

White Foot 12-26-2009 10:09 PM

I loved that movie, I actually saw it twice.

ridingismylife2 12-28-2009 08:41 AM

I might be going to see it this week :D I can't wait!
Did you see it regular 3D or in Imax 3D?

White Foot 12-28-2009 10:32 AM

I saw it in regular and then in 3D.

There is SO much going on in the movie that watching it in 3D gave me a headache.

Mike_Admin 12-28-2009 04:11 PM

I was just about to create a thread about seeing Avatar when I noticed one had already been started. We saw it this past weekend in 3D IMAX and loved it! We are going to see it again this coming weekend. If you haven't seen it and are thinking about it, I would definitely opt to see it in 3D on a large IMAX screen if possible. I loved the creatures in the movie and thought they had an interesting take on horses, though I much prefer the real thing. :-)

ridergirl23 12-28-2009 05:46 PM

i saw it and i thought it was great! haha before i saw it i was like: oh fun, a movie about blue fairys and six legged animals(did you notice, pretty much all the animals had six legs?) lol but i thought it was great, even from a critical point of veiw

clipclops 12-28-2009 08:07 PM

I saw it too! It was really good. Last night we went and saw Sherlock Holmes! It too was great!

Plains Drifter 12-30-2009 12:42 AM

We went to it this past weekend and I have to say it was an awesome movie!!! Probably THE BEST movie I've seen in the last year. I loved it and can't wait to see it again!

horseoffire 12-30-2009 05:04 PM

I really would like to go see that movie. I was thinking about going to see it tomorrow but, now I don`t think it will happen after every thing that happened today.