The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Arabian Lovers Tell Me What You Think.... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/arabian-lovers-tell-me-what-you-43735/)

ladybugsgirl 12-28-2009 08:11 PM

Arabian Lovers Tell Me What You Think....

check out this horses pedigree and tell me what you think.
Lady Bentlee Ca Arabian

Thanks

Ariat164 01-01-2010 02:59 PM

im not an expert on pedigrees but it looks pretty good bask is an awsome bloodline

Amir 01-04-2010 10:25 PM

I've been wondering about my boy's lines for a while.

Poede Amir El Zham Arabian

Anyone?

Remali 01-04-2010 10:41 PM

Very nice lines both horses! The mare is almost pure Polish, very nice! And the other looks to be a nice blend of Crabbet and Egyptian and Spanish..... *Carmargue was an awesome stallion!!!

Amir 01-05-2010 12:55 AM

My horse is DNA tested 100% egyptian

trIplEcrOwngIrl 01-05-2010 01:02 AM

what are the differinces in the types??

Remali 01-06-2010 08:56 PM

Who guaranteed him 100% Egyptian? If he has lines to Ferzon, Azraff, and *Carmargue.....and those are in his pedigree I see..... those are not Egyptian lines. Someone may have mislead you, altho he does have quite a bit of Egyptain in his lines, he is not 100%. Ferzon and Azraff are Crabbet bred horses. And the mare *Estopa, she was Spanish.

Gosh, for the difference in type.....well, in a very quick nutshell, and this is only just very general.... the Crabbet horses came from England, are very athletic and are great performance horses. The Egyptians tend to be somewhat lighter in bone, and a bit more of the "halter-type" horse, altho not always, depends on the bloodlines..... And the Spanish are very exotic looking and very typey. Polish tend to be a bit more muscular, and are also very good under saddle and do very well in performance. These are just the tip of the iceberg.....all lines are fabulous, and they all sort of have their special thing.

Amir 01-08-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remali (Post 513928)
Who guaranteed him 100% Egyptian? If he has lines to Ferzon, Azraff, and *Carmargue.....and those are in his pedigree I see..... those are not Egyptian lines. Someone may have mislead you, altho he does have quite a bit of Egyptain in his lines, he is not 100%. Ferzon and Azraff are Crabbet bred horses. And the mare *Estopa, she was Spanish.

The Arabian Society of Australia did. I have it on his papers. When the breeder registered him with the society he was DNA tested and it came back at 100%.
Unless she paid someone in the lab off to fudge the results :P

Remali 01-09-2010 11:04 AM

Well, maybe if he is very close they consider him to be 100%.... maybe it is different here in the U.S., but he does have some Crabbet and Spanish lines, and some VERY good ones too. We don't see too many horses with *Carmargue and *Estopa and I would die to have those lines!! At any rate, some very VERY nice breeding there!

deineria 01-09-2010 04:01 PM

I would guess it must be different in Australia. Perhaps they only require the first 3 generations or such to classify a horse as SE?

Amir:

:.: Fair Oak Farm :.: Home Page :.:
The above site mentions Estopa lines as a cross for Straight Egyptians,
and
Carmargue Arabian
Shows Carmargue as a Spanish National Champion.
He is listed as 56% Crabbet in breeding.

If you look through the lines with a certain symbol under your horse's bloodlines on allbreedingpedigree.com - you can see some come up with % of Crabbet breeding in your horse's bloodlines.