Where do you derive Inspiration from?
I was just thinking and talking with a friend about Inspiration for Riding. I always get energized when I think about Summer Shows, attending a Clinic (GM and Lauren Hough got me the most pumped!) And strangely enough I watch Horsepower: Road to the Maclay like twice a year because even though I am not a Junior, I'm a big Equitation nut and I get so inspired by the kids journeys (even though I don't add up to anything they are it just makes me want to do my best!)
And last but not least, my horse inspires me on a daily basis. Such an amazing animal to work with.
Where do you get your inspiration from?
wanting my own horse, makes me want to prove myself, which helps my riding much
Good question! I'm curious to hear everyone's answers!
I don't have a set answer. i have a lot of sources of inspiration.
1) watching amazing riders in action
2) attending clinics by amazing trainers (LOVE GM! Ian Miller is one of my favs, he has fabulous insight and incredible technique, Ann Kursinski, Leslie Burr Howard, Courtney King-Dye... even local grand prix riders who are exceptional teachers
3) reading books.
4) Shows- i don't ride to compete but knowing there's a competition coming up makes me work a little harder
5) RIDING. When the horses 'get it'. When the horses improve. When the horse learns to trust me. When the horse takes his first jump or finally crosses his hind in a turn on the forehand. When a horse tries his heart out for you. LOVE it.
6) last but certainly not least, myself. I want to be a better rider. period. I want be the most effective and competent rider I can be. that's better then winning a blue, better then then the pat on the back from an exceptional trainer... those 'highs' only last so long. What it comes down to it, to truly reach your goals your inspiration needs to come from yourself.
My horses. Great horsemen/women. And this quote helps. "Champions are not those who never fail, but those who never quit. I've been really inspired the past couple months. :)
Like upnover, I tend to fall into what she exactly said.
But i will put it into my own words kind of, but not sure what i will say right now. so i will post later !
I always want to have something to work for, a goal. Whenever I attend a show or clinic I can barely stay the whole time without itching to go home and practice.
I tend to get motivated from having bad rides, I think to myself we are better this and just need to work harder. I always get crazy ideas in my head of how I will fix our problem.
I enjoy when people in my non-horsie life come and watch me. I really get involved and want to show them everything I know. I love introducing people to the "horse world".
I get my inspiration from a lot of diferent things...
1) Seeing some of my favorite dressage stars didnt start until they were 16.
2) Peoples bad attitudes, I like to prove them wrong on many levels
3) Not letting my horse down
4) Challenging myself
For me, I think it has to be the friends i have around me. Nearly all of my best friends are horse riders, and owners. They determine me to succeed in what I enjoy on a daily basis. I've seen them all when they've smiled, cried, fallen off, and been extremely proud - and they are there for me through alot. Not owning a horse myself, I only get to ride every fortnight, so inspiration and determination is key to me :)
FOr me i think its my friends and my trainer, Most of my friends ride english and ar my barn! I am really lucky to have friends who ride at the same barn and i learn from them.
Another is to prove to my parents that I want to ride and i want a horse!ALSO watching really gerat riders at my barn!
for me, it is my horse, and my mom, and my amazing instructor, janet.
i get all excited when me and rena have a good ride that i cant wait to ride again, and i know she enjoys her work, so i always want to keep her going :D
my mom, because she loves to ride too, and i see all the ribbons and trophys she won, and i absalutely love our riding time together <3
and janet because all the wonderfuly thigns she teaches me get me wanting to try them angain and get better! and she always asks how my riding is going so i always get excited to tll her im improving! haha
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0