The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Horse Rearing and Tall Chick on Very Small Pony (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/horse-rearing-tall-chick-very-small-43754/)

horsexquad 12-28-2009 11:09 PM

Horse Rearing and Tall Chick on Very Small Pony

myhorsesonador 12-28-2009 11:34 PM

is that you ridding the rearing horse?

myhorsesonador 12-28-2009 11:37 PM

sorry for the dubble post but if that is you ridding please dont ever hit a horse on the head like that.

mom2pride 12-29-2009 12:00 AM

Wow...cracking him on the head sure got the point across *rolls eyes*

Allison Finch 12-29-2009 12:57 AM

I loved the pony video. That pony could carry a grown man all day and have no problems. They do it in Scotland all the time. That's what shetlands were bred to do.

The other video got my blood boiling. That rider need to get OUT OF THAT HORSE"S MOUTH. She sits back on her hands hitting that bit so hard. No wonder she reared! The rider needs to learn to use her seat and legs, so she won't have only her hands to rely on.

Hitting the horse's ears is ridiculous. I always say violence begins where knowledge ENDS!!

Also, take those doggone draw reins away from her. Is she using them to keep her from rearing? Use crutches instead of training?

Sorry for the rant, but that video got right under my skin.

MacabreMikolaj 12-29-2009 08:44 PM

Her friend videotaped the horse rearing, it wasn't her riding. But that fact that she has a "smiley" face after the description on YouTube kind of alerts me to what kind of equestrian you are if you saw nothing wrong with that outrageous display of cruelty and stupidity. Don't abuse your animal if you're too inexperienced to know how to ride or use equipment properly.

Allison Finch 12-29-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj (Post 504613)
Her friend videotaped the horse rearing, it wasn't her riding. But that fact that she has a "smiley" face after the description on YouTube kind of alerts me to what kind of equestrian you are if you saw nothing wrong with that outrageous display of cruelty and stupidity. Don't abuse your animal if you're too inexperienced to know how to ride or use equipment properly.

:twisted:
LOL! Tell us how you REALLY feel!!

While I might not have said it quite like that, I made my opinion clear.

dressagexlee 12-29-2009 11:08 PM

I agree with everyone on the rearing video. The look on that horse's face is not a happy one, and he very tense. A rearing horse is a horse that feels they can't go forward, so whacking him on the head isn't going to encourage him to move forward.
And draw riens, in my opinion, show just how unfeeling a rider really is and how fixated on headset they are. If somebody can name an actual use for them, or show me a rider using them responsibly, please do so.

1dog3cats17rodents 12-29-2009 11:16 PM

The pony was adorable!

The other video was just... awful. The horse reared because the rider was ripping it's mouth off. Poor thing

veganchick 12-30-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj (Post 504613)

Agreed.