The Horse Forum banner

New breed of "chicken"? Hehe

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CowGirlUp9448 
#1 ·
Haha.. I feed Arrow this morning and apparently I don't feed him enough so he had to go looking for more food LOL These were taken on my phone so they are very poor quality. *These are from my chicken house. Please excuse the mess it's been to much snow to clean it effectively, I've only been able to get the biggest mess out*

So what breed of "chicken" do you think this is? Haha

^Dosen't know I'm here yet hehe

^Caught in the act! lol

^My sister was trying to get him to come out then I told her I wanted a picture so she ducked hehe

^Big jump down :)

^And the "I'm sorry mom face, can I have a treat now?" LOL

See less See more
#3 ·
Have you ever head of Cocksidiosis (sp)? It's an intestinal disease that horses and cattle pick up from chickens...my first mini died of it because the lady I bought her from housed her 5 minis with the chickens for the winter...

cute pics, but I'd get your "chick" away from the chicken coop asap. Let him have the feed if that's what he's after, but give it to him in his own pan with his regular feed...it just worries me seeing him eat off the floor they poop on.

#4 ·
He isn't housed with them. The way my field is set up, is it is two parts and it's connected by going down a path behind my house. Well my horses and cattle stay in the bottom part and then come up to the top part to eat grain. The top part has my chicken house, my hog pen and my building. So he isn't housed with them he just likes to be nosey and he wasn't eating off the floor just looking for food that wasn't there :)

#5 ·
OOOOHHHHH ok. That makes sense then...so long as he's not regularly eating off the chicken coop floor. Just figured I'd share my experience in case you'd never heard of it. I didn't know about it til I had a dead mini on my hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.