The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   When I fall off I do it good (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/when-i-fall-off-i-do-4399/)

Vidaloco 11-18-2007 12:16 PM

When I fall off I do it good

:( Well, I finally had "that" fall. We were galloping across the hay meadow and I zigged, Vida zagged and off I went. I fractured a transverse process in my back so will be off the horse and walking with a cane for awhile. I just wanted to get on here and let all my Horse Forum friends know that I will be off line for awhile since it takes me 15 min. to get from the bed to the computer. I just love pain medicine :) Hopefully I will be back on in a week or 2 till then everyone play nice and Happy Trails

PoptartShop 11-18-2007 01:55 PM

Aw I'm sorry about your fall, I hope you will be good as new when you are all better. :)
Well keep us updated!

KANSAS_TWISTER 11-18-2007 07:33 PM

ouch!!! hope you are ok

meggymoo 11-19-2007 12:52 PM

:shock: Oh wow. :(

You'll be missed. Hope your back on the road to recovery soon. :wink:

Mike_Admin 11-19-2007 01:59 PM

We'll be thinking of you! I hope you recover quickly and painlessly.

Vidaloco 11-20-2007 04:47 AM

Update: I made it in to see my regular Dr, yesterday, I even got to see my X-rays. I broke 3 of the little "ribletts" as my husband calls them. The little bones that stick out the side of the vertibrae. The bottom 3 from my waste to my hip. Good news, the doc thought I should be back in the saddle in 5-6 weeks. And he gave me some much better pain meds. than what I got in the ER. :) My family is coming on Thursday (Thanksgiving) to do some housecleaning and stall mucking, so I have some good help on the way. Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. I will try to pop on once in awhile.

kim_angel 11-20-2007 10:41 AM

Hey! You and I sound like Champion Fallers. haha
Just be careful. I broke those riblette things on the side of the vertibrae when I was 16 by falling off my horse.

(she stopped short, I sailed over her head)

It wasnt such a big deal until I fell off a curb (i was on rollerblades) and landed on my tailbone. The shock of the fall caused the vertibraes to break away from the rest of my spine and slip forward.... essentially breaking my back. It's very painful and for a year I went for regular "nerve block" injections. I have since stopped them because of the steroids injected.

jazzyrider 11-20-2007 09:53 PM

oh dear! the dreaded 'that fall'.

hope you get better quick :)

enjoy your meds ;)

PoptartShop 11-21-2007 01:06 AM

Glad you gave us an update! :D
Yay, 5-6 weeks hopefully will go by fast, I'm sure you're dying to get back in the saddle!!!!!!

Vidaloco 11-23-2007 07:16 AM

What a nasty Thanksgiving, pot pies and store bought pumpkin pie YUCK. Everyone was sick with the sniffles so it was just the hubby and me. I spent most of the day snuggled up with the cat watching parades and snoozing. My husband has taken over my pain med. dosing so I'm not getting near as much as I would like but not as much as I was. I was losing track of when I had taken it :shock: I thought I was feeling pretty good :lol: Anyhoo I am really bored and frustrated with the whole thing. Anyone else have a boring Thanksgiving/week? Tell me, I must live vicariously through others now :wink: