The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Rant: Money Issues >.< (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/rant-money-issues-44008/)

wordstoasong 01-01-2010 02:18 AM

Rant: Money Issues >.<

I never got a chance to pay Murray's December board. And here we are into the new year, day one.

As some know, December was a bad month for me (hospital trips and all that jazz). And now I owe $500 for Dec/Jan board now. I really don't know what to do about it either. I offered to help do barn chores as some what help for her, but she has "nothing to say to that at the moment". And I am not working (I seem to be over qualified for even basic jobs here) and even my parents won't help out. All they say is "sell him". Yeah, because selling a horse is like handing out candy to children.

Guess I'm only ranting about all this drama. It has been a stressful month or me, and as much as I wish money was pouring out of the couch and under the beds, I do not know what to do about it. I might sell some of his tack in order to get it paid off. But that means I'm out of a saddle, bridle, and perhaps my best saddle pads.

Right now, I'm open to suggestions to ANYTHING to help me right now with this. This is a TOP thing on my TO-DO list right now. Thank you!

wannahorse22 01-01-2010 02:11 PM

You could get a job,thats really the only way you can get money:/ sorry about your problem. I will pray for you:)

Gillian 01-01-2010 03:17 PM

Yeah honestly, there is nothing you can do but get a job. Who cares if you're overqualified? You need to pay for your horse.

JustDressageIt 01-01-2010 03:44 PM

Unfortunately, I agree -- are there any jobs anywhere that you could apply for? Even if it's as a bagger for a grocery store, any money is better than nothing. Would anyone be interested in leasing Murray? If not, perhaps it might be the best thing for both of you that you find a new home for him - it will take the stress of owning a horse off your plate. Free-leasing him out (i.e. they pay for everything, and get to do everything with him, you just hold the ownership rights) might be an idea until you get back on your feet. I guess my greatest concern is that if he got injured, would you be able to afford the vet care? Even the slightest payment? If not, perhaps right now isn't the best time to own a horse.
I'm sorry *hugs* I know you're going through a really rough patch right now, and my advice probably isn't what you want to hear.. for that I'm truly sorry.
My best advice though, if you want to keep Murray? Get a job - any job - that can pay for him.

rockaway 01-13-2010 11:41 PM

That is sad. This town is a hard place to land a job because of the mill shut down. Even jobs at the local stores are not plentiful ( or even possible at all). Not sure what your qualifications are but have you tried the senior's homes (two). Horses cost money, often much more than the initial cost. You may want to consider something like BP - I know some students (adults) who worked there and made good money with tips and such. It is a suggestion and not one that need be for a lifetime - but you could make enough in one-two weeks to pay off your bill and have extra. I hope this is a little helpful, it would be so sad if you had to sell.