The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Got a snake! (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/got-snake-44043/)

Icrazyaboutu 01-01-2010 02:03 PM

Got a snake!

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday, I was riding my little pony around the backyard just walking around and I saw a small snake coiled up. I yelled and my Dad came with my Parelli lounge stick thing and made him move so he could see the tail. It was a VERY little gopher snake and he was out sunning, during winter! My Dad picked him up and I rode my pony to our breezeway where I proceeded to get the tank for the snake from the garage, mount up, and hand it to my dad. What should I call it?

Domino13011 01-01-2010 02:31 PM

lucky! haha name it twilight zone:)

Icrazyaboutu 01-01-2010 02:35 PM

no! thats show is so dumb! I don't know how you watch it! your a freak cierra!

rangergirl56m 01-01-2010 08:04 PM

You should name him Chex. Have you ever had any snakes before? I LOVE snakes, they make such great pets. My two are my babies. If you have any questions feel free to let me know ;-)

Icrazyaboutu 01-01-2010 08:36 PM

I have just had gopher and Gardner snakes. not any from the pet store. We are just keeping it till it is warm enough outside for him to go back. Unless he gets too humanized. Then we will either keep him or re home him. I like animal names. Like my ferret was bear. My grandparents dog is called cow sometimes. I just think those are funnier.

Honeysuga 01-01-2010 09:01 PM

Name him Moose, lol. Very Moosey to be outside during the winter months... But I would like to add that if he stops eating or anything, put him back outside, no matter the weahter, or he will starve to death... I have seen my cousins bring in all kinds of snakes and some make it in a terrarium, some don't. But, most that stopped eating and were let go were found again back in health a few weeks later. Just my 2 cents.

Allison Finch 01-01-2010 09:03 PM

Julius SQUEEZer!!

Icrazyaboutu 01-01-2010 09:49 PM

Haha I like Moose just cause of the background and Julius Squeezer is cute too!
I know, we are going to give him pinkies soon(when the pet stores open tomorrow) and see if he will eat them. If not he will go outside.

Lucara 01-02-2010 11:32 AM

make sure hes got some heat. :)

ShannonSevenfold 01-02-2010 12:12 PM

Name him Gopher. =)

I have a garter snake that I found a year and a half ago. His name is Don Johnson. He all but stops eating in the winter months - I feed him maybe once a month as he is attempting to hibernate. :lol: