The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Art Special!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/art-special-44179/)

Equusketch 01-03-2010 12:43 AM

Art Special!!!!

6 Attachment(s)
I know I mentioned this in the "First 3 people" thread, but at the moment I am doing an art special to raise money for vet bills for our cat Buffy who we recently discovered has cancer. She has already had an ultra sound, surgery (only to find out the tumor can't be removed) and is now on kitty chemo therapy. She is doing remarkably well and even though we almost lost her after surgery, she has decided it just isn't her time to die yet. I am on my laptop and don't have a picture of her saved on my computer, but I'll get a picture up when I am on my husband's computer.

Anyway, here are the details...

I am selling 8 x 11 horse portraits (I can also do dogs and might even do other animals) for $25 (half of what I normally charge) Each drawing is done in graphite, or should I say mechanical pencil (my new favorite medium)...lol. I would also be willing to do colored pencil drawings for $35. I am keeping this offer through the month of January, so order soon!!!

PM me for details if you are interested in commissioning a drawing. For those who have posted in the "First 3 people" thread, I will give priority to those who want to commit to buying the original. The offer only lasts through the end of January. After that, I will go back to my old rates.

Here are some samples of what I have done so far for people as part of this special.

toadflax 01-03-2010 08:43 AM

Wow Liz, you have been busy and they're all breath-taking.

jadeewood 01-03-2010 12:21 PM

Hello, i am very interested in buying one. of my mums horse as i see you do jumping photos and are very good with detail.

it would be for a bday present.

I would just need to know how much postage would be to the england. and how big is 8x11 -- is that a4?

thanks

Equusketch 01-03-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeewood (Post 509672)
Hello, i am very interested in buying one. of my mums horse as i see you do jumping photos and are very good with detail.

it would be for a bday present.

I would just need to know how much postage would be to the england. and how big is 8x11 -- is that a4?

thanks

I could definately figure out postage to England for you. I don't know about sizes in the UK, but the 8 x 11 is measured in inches (I know that still doesn't help you out), but basically the same size as a standard piece of printer paper. I will get back to you on the postage part.

jadeewood 01-03-2010 03:13 PM

thanks i need to know asap if thats ok, but dont panik if not. yes inches is about a4. and thanks for your help.

jadeewood 01-04-2010 09:37 AM

when will you find out as it is going to be a gift for my mum as its her horse that was put down.

what sort of paper is it done on?

Plains Drifter 01-04-2010 09:44 AM

I had Liz do a portrait of my fiance's dog for him for Christmas!!! It was amazing. There is no way to explain no matter how good it looks online, it looks 1000 times better when you get it. I had it framed and matted and it's FABULOUS!!!

Here it is when I got it online.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/britches.jpg

I will take a photo to show it matted and framed so you can see how amazing Liz is.

jadeewood 01-04-2010 02:35 PM

ok, liz will find you a photo soon

Equusketch 01-04-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeewood (Post 510802)
when will you find out as it is going to be a gift for my mum as its her horse that was put down.

what sort of paper is it done on?

I am going to stop by the UPS store today to get a price estimate for both UPS and standard mail and get back to you some time this evening.

jadeewood 01-04-2010 05:22 PM

ok, do you know how long it will take you to draw it and how long it will take to post?