The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   So excited and nervous! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/so-excited-nervous-44187/)

JumpingTheMoon 01-03-2010 09:11 AM

So excited and nervous!

1 Attachment(s)
Last week my husband told me I had to sell two of my horses. Most particularly because we're getting in a Belgian gelding for "him" (we all know I'll be riding him the most haha) and because I had an offer in for a 15yo Dutch Warmblood gelding. Which really I hadn't heard anything from the owner so I figured I was to be horseless for a while. No worries.

Well My mare sold within three days of listing her. Which surprised me but I know she's going to an excellent home, she'll be finished out and she's also going to be a momma! They're going to use her to crossbreed with their American Cream Draft stallion. Beautiful babies!

I haven't sold Levi yet. But I might be trading him for a super cute Welsh pony (I posted a link to a video of him in horse critiques).

So after hauling hay yesterday and stacking it, I got home last night to an email saying that my offer was accepted when would I like to get my gelding? I was floored. Wow. Really? I wasn't expecting that. At all. In fact, I'd given up on hearing anything.

But he's 16hh 15yo, BTDT got the t-shirt and I can't wait to get him!!!

Luv 2 Trail 01-03-2010 09:49 AM

:DWOW - CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you're excited - what a Happy New Year for YOU! He's dreamy!

ShutUpJoe 01-03-2010 11:33 AM

He's beautiful : )

JumpingTheMoon 01-03-2010 04:05 PM

Thanks! I can't wait til he gets here!! He's a nice stocky guy.

eventerdrew 01-03-2010 04:19 PM

wow! What a nice way to start off the New Year! He's absolutely stunning. Congrats and I look forward to pics, pics, and more pics!

JumpingTheMoon 01-03-2010 05:33 PM

Five hours or so and he'll be home!

rocky pony 01-03-2010 11:53 PM

Oh, that's so exciting! What a handsome guy!
I wonder if you have any new pictures yet..:D

JumpingTheMoon 01-04-2010 01:09 AM

He got off the trailer at midnight and omg he's absolutely gorgeous! The picture his owner sent doesn't even do him justice!

He's 16hh and built like a tank! It's SO nice after dealing with skinned rabbit Thoroughbreds for so long to have a horse that doesn't look like he'll break in a breeze lol. Of course he went into the stall next to Levi who was totally unimpressed there was another gelding taking in residence.

I can't wait to get back to the barn in a couple of hours. I'll take some pictures then.

JumpingTheMoon 01-04-2010 02:02 AM

Phoo.. check out the pedigree! My One And Only Dutch Warmblood

I've got his COP for the KWPN, I'm wondering if he qualifies as an appendix with the AQHA?

PaintsPwn 01-04-2010 02:18 AM

No, an appendix QH is one Jockey Club registered thoroughbred and one AQHA parent.

EDIT: ... Unless said appendix earns an ROM then they get regular papers 8\