My New Website suggestions needed
Been working on my site for a bit and have finally put enough together of my most recent photos, to put up on the web. I have yet to download all my photos from my other laptop, but here it is for now.
Open to all suggestions and comments as to how to improve it. I will not be putting up "price page" as I do my photography only by word of mouth and charge according to who the client is and what it is they want.
Thanks for the help :D
I like it. It's very clear to navigate.
You're obviously a good photographer. Just keep adding all kind of content to your site.
Convenient, professional, easy to manuver (sp?) .. I love it!
Thank you so much guys, really appreciate all the feedback already. Like I said it's a work in progress. I still have a lot of photos I need to load but will do that as time permits.
Any suggestions as to what other sections I could add? I'm going to be looking around at online photography websites and get ideas but all suggestions and comments very welcome.
Very nice! The only suggestion I have is to name the pictures so they aren't random letters and numbers. I know that takes forever but if you get the time it might make things looks a little nicer.
Simple and clean looking, very nice. I'm going to take a beating for saying this, but I expected much worse based on how other members website's looked! =)
A few suggestions:
1) On the front page add some spacing between "Equine Photography" and the images directly below as it is a little bit cramped in that area. I can take a screenshot to show what I mean, if you'd like?
2) There's an extra character at the end of the title for the front page. It almost looks like a question mark within FireFox, but viewing the HTML source shows it's an extended character.
3) The font size for 'About' is smaller than the font size for Equine Albums and Albums. On the Links page the text is plain, a different font than the other pages.... they should all be consistent.
If you have the money, consider getting a domain name and some cheap web hosting. Or, get a domain name and point it to your .Me account. A domain name can be had for a few bucks these days, well worth it. =)
2) Extra character? I'm not sure that I know what you mean. Other the title, on my end there are no extra characters. Can you take me a screenshot? maybe there is a problem with the link itself.
3) Good catch! I didn't notice
4) As for domain, at this time, I want to keep it as a word to mouth. With the amount of people I know, I am already overwhelmed with the amount of request I have for my photography, which is why I am not ready or want to expand (which also includes a domain). That's something I will look at probably next year.
Here's a screenshot showing what should be moved down a little bit and also the weird character showing up in the title:
The HTML source for your front page shows this as the title:
<title>Newport Photography Specializing in Family and Equine Photography￼</title>
That weird little character at the end of Photography shows up as a question mark when viewed in the browser. Maybe try removing the title and putting it back to see if the character gets removed?
Looks good! You may want to put a little bit about rates (I know that you don't charge a set price - but put something about it being negotiable)/contact info/etc.
I am a word of mouth photographer as well and for friends/family I basically work for free and they can "tip" me the amount they deem appropriate.
For others I do a set price. It makes it easier as where I am there is a lot of competition for photographers.
I use Smug Mug for my photography website. I started using this a few months ago.
Saunders Photography- powered by SmugMug so that clients can have private albums and not everything is viewable by the public. Also, they can choose what they want printed right there instead of having to place orders through me or waiting for the CD to arrive in the mail.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0