The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Training In New Jersey (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/training-new-jersey-44212/)

equineangel91 01-03-2010 04:26 PM

Training In New Jersey

My name is Amanda and I can help you. I've been riding for 5 years, am enrolled in centenary college, and currently am the assistant at a stable in Whitehouse station.
Recently I've rescued a standardbred from a bad home and completely retrained him...and yes...to both canter and jump.
(3ft2) I'm now offering to help you! I'll train you, your horse, or both! contact me, and see how far you can go!

need your horse more supple? Have a problem Horse? Don't have time to ride? Training plateau? Need instruction for yourself? Want to advance?

angelfaith4evr@hotmail.com

Horses available

Pricing is negotiable and variant based on horse,owner, distance, and type of training....
.ya know obviously if you're crazy far away, you're payin for the gas LOL

Lesson Times
30 minutes
45 minutes
1 hour
1 and 1/2 hour
2 hour

if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it :D

equineangel91 01-04-2010 12:28 PM

<3 Just to show sooome of what ive done with this standaardbred check out the video i got into college with

not my best work but, its good enough for them lol

equineangel91 01-06-2010 08:21 PM

ouch no comments

kevinshorses 01-06-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equineangel91 (Post 509870)
I've been riding for 5 years,

:D

5 years huh. Your a real old timer!

Honeysuga 01-06-2010 10:26 PM

I think you need some more years on ay before you start advertising for lessons. Just my opinion though. I have been riding for my entire life, trained a few horses and still don't think I know enough to consider myself a trainer...

MacabreMikolaj 01-06-2010 10:29 PM

People probably aren't commenting because nobody in their right mind would take lessons or let them near their horse when they've only been riding for FIVE years. I don't care how good you are, I'll spend the extra bucks and get someone who actually has a resume. I'm sure that sounds rude, but it's the truth. I've been riding for 24 years and I wouldn't advertise my services as a coach or trainer. I've done both for free, and I'll take on problem horses for a fee, but people seek me out, I don't advertise myself because I'm NOT qualified as a trainer or coach.

I sincerely hope a single Standardbred gelding isn't your only claim to fame as a super trainer...

equineangel91 01-07-2010 02:32 PM

Well thanks for the comments. I understand the opinions. Certainly you guys all make sense. At my barn we offer lessons and I do train there, thus the advertisement. I certainly dont claim to be a super trainer. I simply offer lessons etc. But thanks guys :)

Feel free to leave any comments on the video here or on youtube. Its the one i used for college :)

equineangel91 01-07-2010 02:34 PM

I certainly didnt mean to offend anyone either or anything. So feel free to delete this thread :)

kevinshorses 01-07-2010 02:50 PM

You should be taking lessons rather than giving them. I don't mean that to be rude but you have a lot to work on. Your horse had no collection and very little softness as far as I could see. You were bouncing all over the saddle so some work on equitation is needed on your part. If you advertise that you can help troubled horses you should really be capable of handling and riding them and I doubt that you are. Please don't take this as telling you to quit horses but you owe it to yourself and your horses to get better educated before you take young and/or troubled horses to train.

Vidaloco 01-07-2010 03:33 PM

Don't discourage a young person just starting out.....Please!
If there is someone who is willing to pay her for her services, so be it.